Ch-11 Sheikh of Sharjah -the Groom for Humaira?

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                      -Aameen.

Dedicated to yumzz_s for her sincerely beautiful support ;)

Chapter Eleven

Sheikh of Sharjah –the Groom for Humaira?

Saif will say all this unnecessary excitement about some sheikh of Sharjah being a prospective bridegroom for Humaira began after he accidentally eavesdropped upon a telephone conversation of Habib with Abdullah.

“…but I guess we cannot decide without seeing him, yes yes Abba I told Nauman that… His name? I think he said it was Ali bin Obaid…Sheikh Ali bin Obaid Hashimi.”

 Hearing the rest of the conversation, it did not take long for Saif to understand what was happening…besides he knew Nauman to be Habib’s colleague and close friend who most probably has suggested this alliance. Because the sheikh guy happened to be his cousin’s friend.

After Habib had ended the call, he noticed Saif and repeated again what he had said to Abdullah.

“…So you see Saif, Nauman is full of praise about him and I cannot just say no without even meeting him at least once. What if he is really the one for our Humair?” Habib asked thoughtfully looking at Saif who slightly grimaced.

“I don’t know Bhaiya but I have this feeling now that I am not going to like this Ali sheikh.”

“Don’t be silly Saif! We have never even seen him before…”

“Alright alright Bhaiya, I will come with you Insha Allah, shall I tell Humair?” Saif twinkled while Habib nodded smiling.

“Not like that Humair, yes leave a bit more…that’s perfect! Jazak Allahu Khair. If I like that Sheik guy, I will forget your badness and will tell him only your gooood qualities.” Saif drawled with a smile as Humaira stood in front of him surveying him critically.

Unlike other times, Saif was dressed now in deep black with a pure white Amamah (turban) which Humaira had helped him wear perfectly. He dressed like this only during Eid or some special occasion and as she looked at him, Humaira could not help but think how strikingly handsome her brother looked.

“I would prefer Bhaiya if you did not say anything about me at all.” Humaira said, smiling back. The whole yesterday she had to endure his constant teasing and she was almost glad that he was finally going to see the guy who had been the cause of it.

For herself she was only a little curious and did not give it much thought because she felt that Abdullah would be much reluctant in marrying her here to some man in U.A.E.

More than four days had passed since their trip to zoo and they had not visited much except for the usual shopping, as Habib could not spare more time from his work. To his apologies, Humaira assured him that it was okay and sometimes went out with Saif, but mostly stayed with Heena and Hafsa while the boys and Saif toured the whole city.

Their visit was ending and Humaira said to Heena that it had been a great fortnight with absolutely no regrets. It was the day when both Saif and Habib had gone to see the prospective groom while the boys played NFS on the pc with the volume turned crazily high.