#57 HORSE CAMP DAY 1

Hi!!! Horse camp started this week!!! It's the camp for my show team and two other little girls (9 and 11) are here too BC they might be on the team soon!

Today we did a lot!
First we:
-Mucked Stalls
-Cleaned the food buckets
-Fed the horses

And then we got to ride! There was only 5 of us today, so we each got a horse to ride.

My trainer made me ride Cristina..no surprise there😂👍🏻 SHE WAS SO SLOW! And when I tried to canter, she kept stopping and pulling me into the middle of the ring where the other horses were!!

Then we got to switch horses!

I also rode Rosie, it was my third time riding her, she's great😻

And I got to hop on the pony and canter her😂 I love her!

AND

I
RODE
HUDSON
AGH
IVE BEEN WAITING TO RIDE HIM FOR A WHILE!!

For those of you who don't know, back on December 3, Hudson dolphin kicked and I lost my balance and fell and he stepped on me:/ I'm fine tho!!😆🙈

After that fall, I haven't ridden him since, which even tho I could've almost died...he's still my fav horse at the barn :( I haven't ridden him in 9 MONTHS!

he's still my fav horse at the barn :( I haven't ridden him in 9 MONTHS!

💙

He was so great! Wicked comfy canter😻 Except since I'm used to pushing Tina on now...my leg was ALL OVER the place on him:/ But it was still great!!!

Then after, we washed the horses off and put them back in their stalls. Then we made T-shirts! Mine has Christina's show name, my barn's name, my show number and all the horses at the barns names on it! And then I tie dyed it with Blue! (It's drying at the barn rn! I'll post a pic when I bring it home soon!)

And then, my trainer taught us how to tie safety knots with lead ropes and then we all went and jumped over the jumps in the ring😂👍🏻

Today was fun! Tomorrow we are going to learn how to lunge for respect, and we might get to ride Clover!! I haven't ridden her since November!! So excited!! And on Friday, two other girls from the team are coming and we are going to ride bareback and have a show team pool party!!!

I'm so happy I moved to this barn last year☺️💖

OH

AND GUESS WHAT MY TRAINER SAID I CAN DO AT TRISTATE?!!!

The final Tristate is in two weeks!!! In the last show, they have this class on Sunday called "Try the Canter" its for walk-trotters who have never shown at the canter before!

My trainer said I can do it!!!!!!

What they do is, they do a regular flat class, then they pick 5-8 people at a time (depending on how many are in the class) and they ask you to canter for like a minute and the judge actually judges you and gives out ribbons!!

And In the rule book, it said if any one does it, they can still compete in W/T next year! It's just to see if I'm ready to canter in a crowd or not.

So excited!!!!!

The only problem tho is...it's the last class on Sunday...

Christina is the worst on Sunday...

Won't move on...pulls you into the middle do much...

I'm still learning how to push a horse onto the rail while cantering so..that's not going to go well..lol..

But I'm still excited! And even if I don't win anything, I'm still happy I got to try it!!😄👏🏻