Just My Imagination

Claire:

I wake up and blink a couple times till my eyes focus to the morning light. With a yawn I go to rub my forehead, but stop and pull a sticky note off of it instead.

Heard you come home late so Stiles gave me a ride try not to drool at work today. --Scott

"Assbutt." I mutter sleepily, as I crumple the paper up and get out of bed. I shower and change quickly in an attempt to make up time.

I glance over at the clock and nearly trip over myself grabbing all my stuff and rushing downstairs. The last thing I need is to be late on my second day.

▪▪

Glancing down at my phone I notice that its already time for me to go home. I gather up everything before heading out of my office.

"Bye, Claire." I hear a familiar voice say from behind me. I smile at the short blond nurse with overly excited brown eyes. We met this morning after having almost accidentally knocked over her redbull when I rushed in.

I'm glad I didn't though because I know how my mom gets when she works a late shift only to have to come in early the next day. And I'm sure dropping her energy drink would have put me on the receiving end of an ear full of something not so good.

"Bye Ana see you tomorrow." She waves at me before heading down the hall.

Turning the other way I start heading towards the exit. Not even taking ten steps I get the really creepy feeling that I'm being watched so I stop mid-hallway. Not again. . .

This has been happening to me all day, and I'm beginning to think that it's more than just my imagination. But I can't seem to catch whoever it is, it's probably Peter seeing as how he did creepily say 'I'll be watching you.'

To be honest though I don't think I want to catch him, or anyone else for that matter, watching me. Because one, that's just creepy on so many levels, and two I know they'll probably see me tripping or singing to myself.

Cautiously I turn around expecting to see some of the staff or even a patient, but the hallway is completely empty. I rub my arm nervously as I shift uneasily from leg to leg.

I'm probably just tired or something, I mean really what kind of person goes around watching people in hospitals...well besides doctors and nurses.

Making it home with no other weird feelings I make it just in time before my mom heads off.

"Claire I'm just heading off for a bit to work till Scotts conference tonight." She tells me. I sigh and frown slightly. This is exactly how shes always been; always having to work so much to pull the three of us through.

"Mom you don't have to work so much now that I'm here to help." I reassure, squeezing her shoulders gently. But I already know that she won't give in that easily. "Okay fine, work all the hours you want but I'm choosing what to help pay." I continue.

Now its her turn to sigh. "How do I know that you won't give up even if I say no."

I grin in victory. "Because mom, us McCall are too stubborn some--more like all of the times." I hear my phone beep and I pull it out checking the message. Texting back I yell out to my mom who's heading to her car. "Scott says he'll meet you at school."

She nods then waves before driving off to work. Turing around I head back inside. Locking the door I head upstairs to finish some paper work. In other words skype with some friends while attempting to not leave everything till the middles of the night.

Procrastination does not have a cut off age, or atleast I haven't gotten to it yet.

▪▪

Shutting my laptop close I finally stand up and stretch. "That only took." I glance behind me at the clock "Four hours." Nonetheless, I'm happy with the fact that they're making an effort to talk to me.