Unexpected Visit

Claire:

My sneakers squeak against the tiled floor as I hastily make my way towards the intensive care unit in the hospital. I had planned on going on a walk this morning because I needed time to think after what happened the night at the school, more specifically what I did afterwards. But a certain comatose patient requested my presence for what seems like the hundredth time this week.

His nurse Jennifer waits outside his room with a passive look on her face. I'd very rather much not be involved in any way shape or form with these two, especially since I now know that they keep a very close eye on me at work.

And because of the very gruesome fact that they've both been going around killing people--which is definitely a deal breaker for me when it comes to making acquaintances with people.

Without so much as a second glance, she moves out of the way as I open the door. It silently opens as I step inside and close it behind me. Peter looks up from his spot, the always prominent smirk on his face growing. "What an unexpected visit." He speaks up, the arrogant tone in his voice never wavering.

"Could you just get to way I'm here?" I ask, not moving from my spot by the door. It's always this way when I 'stop by', he's always taking his time, always making sure that I understand that he's the one in charge here. 

He lets out a chuckle, pointing a finger at me. "Always one to get right to the point, aren't we? I wanted to make sure you didn't give your younger brother or his friends any unwanted hints as to what I am." He flashes his red eyes at me, something he tends to do when he wants to imply an unspoken threat.

I shake my head no. "I made sure to confuse them everytime they'd get close to the truth. Plus Scott had the idea of blaming Derek for everything." I inform him, trying to keep my nerves from growing.

"I'm beginning to enjoy this partnership more and more everyday." He smirks, leaning forward in his chair. I purse my lips before turning towards the door. "Oh and Claire." I stop in the middle of the doorway and turn to look at him.

"I know what you did last night." My stomach drops, and judging by the look he's giving me, I know my fear is showing on my face. I drop my head and quickly leave the room, hurriedly walking down the empty hallway. I guess he really wasn't kidding when he said he'd be watching me all the time.

After all the cops were gone I went back alone looking for Derek's body. I know, I know, probably not a good idea to be heading out at night alone. But his sister Laura was always so nice to me, so I couldn't just leave him there. Anyway, when I got there things started to get weirder than they already are.

When I went to the spot where his body had landed, much to my surprise, it wasn't there. I checked everywhere and I even checked to see if the police had found him and taken his body to the hospital morgue. In the end all I came across was a whole lot of nothing, except for some of that dried up black goo.

My phone starts ringing, causing my to jump in surprise. I take a deep breath, easing my nerves before answering it. 'Hey Claire.'

'Hey mom.' I answer back, making my way to the more populated part of the hospital. But to be honest, being around alot of people is just as nerve wreaking as being alone. Because in either situation I don't know when Peter is around.

'You mind picking up your brother up from practice today?' She asks, bringing me out of my thoughts.

'Nope. And I'll be home soon, just needed some fresh air.' I reply, making sure my voice is even and calm.

'Thanks dear. See you soon.' She hangs up, leaving me once again to feel the fear and nervousness begin to bubble up inside of me.

▪▪