Not Tonight

Claire:

"Lock it, lock it!" Scott yells, terrified. And I don't exactly blame him after what we just saw.

"Do I look like I have a key." Stiles yells back, just as terrified but with more of an overwhelming hint of panicky.

"Grab something, anything."

I take my face out of my hands. Now's not the time to freak out I need to help. Turning to face them I see their eyes trained outside. Once I glance out through the window the only thing my eyes land on is a pair of boltcutters.

"No" Scott shakes his head while looking at Stiles.

"Yes." He says back, opening the door, but before he can wedge himself through I push past him and bolt down the stairs.

"Claire don't." Scott yells. I don't listen and instead make large and wild gestures with my arms for them to keep quiet. All in all I probably look like an idiot but I'd rather look like one then run into something out here.

I make what I hope looks like a motion for them to close the door, thankfully they understand it and do so. Looking around the parking lot I don't see it so I rush down the rest of the steps.

"Claire run!" They both scream just as my fingers close around the cutters. I look up and see Peter in full on crazy-wolf-thing mode coming at me. Oh heck no am I dying tonight!

Grasping the boltcutters tightly, I sprint like there's no tomorrow back up the stairs and inside. Stiles shuts the door behind me and I jam the cutters in the door handle.

Taking a step back I take in deep breaths. Okay no big deal just some supernatural beast of the night is out there doing who knows what for who knows what reason. . .well so much for trying to reassure myself.

I place my hands on my knees, still trying to even my breathing. Man I hate sprints.

"Scott, was that, is that a werewolf?" Somehow I manage to ask without my voice showing how internally freaked out I am right now because these two dunder heads got themselves into this mess too.

"Yes it is, Claire." He responds solemnly. Great, I was kinda hoping he would say I'm hallucinating. And not confirm my fear that him and Stiles are involved in the supernatural.

"Where did it go?" Stiles asks, peering through the small windows on the door.

"Guys what the holy heck is going on?" I question breathlessly, not taking my eyes off the door.

"Look Claire I'm sorry but I'll explain later okay." Scott reassures me. Even though I want to know how he got himself into this mess, I just keep my mouth closed. And trust me when I say that I also want to tell them that I know pretty much everything.

"Those aren't going to hold it out for long." I point at the boltcutters. The three of us glance down at the empty dimly lit hallway. Well that doesn't just scream horror movie at all now does it.

We glance between one another before sprinting to the nearest classroom. I shut the door behind us as they start to push a desk. "The doors not going to keep it out." Stiles warns.

"I know, I know." Scott answers back as soon as they get the desk up against the door.

"Its your boss." Stiles says, making me turn to face them.

"No." "What?" Scott and I blurt out at the same time.

"Deaton, the alpha, his boss." Stiles answers both of us. Well this just got one thousand times worse, now they think that the vet is out killing people. "Yes he's a murdering psycho werewolf."