A/N on Rating & Discussions, Details

First, a note on the rating. If you check, you'll now find that this book is rated mature. This is on account of some jokes that have been submitted. Now, they're not really my thing, but this is more for you guys than it really is for me, and I figured that some of you guys might enjoy them at least.

***

Now, a lot of you guys commented about the ghosts I briefly mentioned earlier, and a lot of you asked for more details. I was going to write something and put it in my personal book and direct you guys to that, but I'm not going to submit you guys to that book. Now, to start off, I'm not sure "ghosts" is the right word, but it's what a few friends have used whenever I've talk about this soo, you decide.

My story isn't like the typical ghost stories you hear or read. Doors don't open and close, lights don't flicker, and typically things don't get moved around.

My experience begins ever since I can remember. Even as a very young kid, I always remember feeling like I was being watched, like something was right behind me, but every time I turned around to try to see it, I just had a thought that it was just moving with me- making sure it wasn't seen. This is the reason for my dislike- could even go so far as calling it a fear- of mirrors. I'm still terrified that I'm going to look at my reflection and see whatever it is standing right there over my shoulder. Even now as I'm writing this, I keep looking over my shoulder to make sure the thing stays in hiding.

I learned to kind of looks past it as a child. My parents always told me I had an overactive imagination, and I believed them. But my fears were still there. I never slept with the closet door or the bedroom door closed, especially the bedroom door. My thought was that, if and when the thing finally decided to come after me, it would take me that many less seconds to get out of the room and runaway from it. Even now, as a teenager, I sleep with some kind of light and my door wide open. My dad tells me I'm just letting my imagination run away with me, but he doesn't give me a talk about it now when he finds me asleep in the living room instead of in my bedroom.

As I grew up, these things became heightened. Within the past year or so, I began to differentiate between different presences or ghosts. There were more neutral and friendly ones, and ones that weren't so peaceful. Unfortunately,  the less peaceful ones are the ones that tend to stick around most.

Now, these presences don't often 'cause much of a disturbance in my daily life, but when they do, I don't get much sleep, and I don't go into my room unless I have to. I don't go into my room because, for whatever reason, the presences seem to stem from there. Times like currently when they are exceptionally strong, I avoid my room at all costs. Even standing at the end of the short hallway today, is a no.

The thing is, I'm the only one in my family that has a problem with this. This started when I was a little kid, before I can even remember this not being a thing for me. Nothing has ever happened that I can remember, but I'm always certain that whatever it is, is just waiting and is going to spring out at any moment and nothing may have actually happened, but there's something that's said about gut instincts. That the gut instincts you get are caused when you pick something up too quickly for your conscious mind to comprehend.

My dad seems to think it's all in my head, and I'm the only one in the house who experiences any of this so, yeah. I don't know if any of this really makes sense.

update: (coincidence?) the presences were kinda not as strong, and as they weren't overpowering, my brother started freaking out, looking all around him and breathing hard. I sat down with him and hugged him and helped him steady his breathing a bit. we started moana and he sat with our mother and he seems better for now

***

Now, a note on conversations. I'll start by saying that it's great to have a place where people are having in depth conversations and are creating things out of them and are learning and teaching each other things. I do have a request, though.

When you're correcting someone, please by polite. Correct them. You do not have to insult them and you have no right to insult them. If they are wrong, that just means they have that much more to learn. Help them learn. Don't beat them down with insults because you feel superior and think it's their fault. And going off of that note, if you're in a debate with people and you've run out of rebuttals, don't just start insulting them and repeating yourself. The following are just particular points I'd like to make.

 - If someone confuses Australia and Austria, correct them and move on. Yes, it can be annoying for people who know more, but it's a 2-letter difference. Lay off.

 - Don't tell someone their beliefs and their culture is wrong. Just because you live a certain way, does not mean everyone else does as well.

 - People make mistakes. Please realize this, and move on.

 - Concerning the 2016 US Presidential Election. Please don't get into arguments about who the better or worse candidate was. If you would like to discuss current events, go ahead, but please don't dismiss anyone's opinion. I know politics are actually insane currently, but just try to keep calm when talking with people. I mean, unless they're being racists or homophobic or xenophobic or anything like that. Even then, keep calm. Tell them your opinion and rebuttal if you like, but don't start insulting people, please.

I think those were the main points I wanted to share. Thanks, guys.

Most of you guys are super respectful and are just here for laughs.