0.7

I don't even know what this chapter is. 

"Stay here with Tyler okay?" A faint knock to the front door had interrupted their movie night, so Josh was going to be the one to answer it, since Tyler was so into Finding Dory and Ruby had her eyes glued to the TV as well. 

"'K dada." Ruby nodded, not turning away from the movie, curling into Tyler's side. They big, fluffy blanket was draped over both of them, a bunch of smaller blankets surrounding them, making it the perfect warmth in the cold weather. 

Ruby rubbed her eyes with her little fists and yawned. She was exhausted from the busy day she had, but she pinky-promised Tyler she would stay awake to watch Finding Dory. 

Josh took in the alluring sight before answering the door. A big gust of wind busted through the doorway, making they two figures on the couch pull the blanket further on their bodies. 

"Josh!" 

"Mom!?" Josh looked back at the two figure cuddled up on the couch, before stepping outside in the cold and shutting the door behind him. "What are you doing here? And at this hour?" 

"I just wanted to come by and say hi to my son and granddaughter. This that such a crime Joshua?" Laura spoke defensively. "Plus, I just bought this cute, new outfit for her." 

Josh sighed and paused. "Okay. But be quiet. Ruby is getting ready to go down for bed." Laura nodded. The front door was open again and Josh quietly smiled to himself. Ruby and the Tyler had fallen asleep in only a span of two minutes. 

"Oh." Laura placed her hand over her heart. "How precious. Wait, who's that?" She whispered, pointing to the younger male sleeping in the blankets. 

"Mom. That's Tyler."

She stared at her son for a moment, until it clicked in her mind. "Oh. T-Tyler! The one who-oh my gosh wow." Laura cheered quietly. "I didn't know he was visiting or else I would have came in the morning." 

Josh nodded, agreeing. He didn't really understand why she would show up this late in the first place. "Yeah-actually he's um, staying with me." 

"Oh. Like, he's living with you?" Josh nodded. "Oh, well. Okay." Awkward. "I'll get going then." 

"Oh, yeah." 

"Sorry for interrupting." She handed Josh Ruby's dress and headed for the door. 

"Thanks for stopping by." Josh stifled a laugh, opening the front door for his mother. 

"Yeah. I'll see you and Ruby soon." And with that, she was gone as fast as she came. Josh sighed in relief, leaning against the door. That was awkward. 

xoxo 

Ruby was the first one to get up, of course. No matter how late she was up at night, she was always the first one to wake up and it was usually early. At first she was confused, because she wasn't in her crib like she normally was, but then she remembered watching Finding Dory when she noticed she was cuddled up with Tyler and her dad. 

"Dada." She whispered, poking his cheek. He stirred a bit, but didn't budge. "Daaaadaaa." She raised her voice a bit and poked his nose. She giggled when he smiled and opened his eyes. 

"Hi." 

"Hi dada." Ruby giggled. 

Josh yawned and tried to stretch, but only found his arm to be stuck under Tyler's body. He didn't remember Tyler cuddling into his, but he also didn't remember cuddling him back. Tyler did. 

""M hungry dada." Ruby spoke around her pacifier that she found by the bottom of the couch. Josh was trying to get rid of those things, but she always cried for one. 

"Me too." Tyler murmured, just waking up. Ruby gasped and burst out in laughter, sending Tyler into a fit of giggles. "Good morning little one." 

"Morning Tyer!" 

Josh rolled his eyes but smiled. "I'm going to make breakfast before I turn into a child." The older man managed to free his arm and made his way to the kitchen. 

"What do you say we play dolls in your room until dad is done with breakfast." Ruby nodded, smiling big and bright, her massive eyes were bright and full of joy. Tyler's heart was melting just by looking at her. "Okay. Let's go!" 

"Bye dada!" Ruby waved, grabbing Tyler's bigger hand and leading his to her room.