1.0

"Ruby, please stop crying." Josh sighed and continued to rock his daughter. "It's too early for this. What's the matter?" Josh had tried everything. Feeding her, playing with her, changing her and nothing was working. 

Ruby continued to hiccup and cry. "I-I wan T-Tyer!" 

"Aw, honey." Josh hugged his daughter as she continued to scream. "I know you miss him. I miss him too, but sometimes the world doesn't work out takes away the people you love. The point is, he's not coming back." 

"Mommy!" She screamed and Josh couldn't handle it. Ruby was just a baby and she had been abandoned by her mother and her best friend was across the country. Nobody deserved that, especially a baby.  "Mommy!" 

"Ruby," Josh walked up and down the narrow hallway, bouncing her in an attempt to soothe the child. "Hey, you want to see grandma?" He spoke in a soft voice, not to scare her, like a mother's voice. 

"Mama?" Ruby sniffled and stopped the pity party for a moment. He rubbed her pink, swollen eyes. 

"Yes! Grandma. Do you want to see her?" Josh smiled and stopped bouncing her. Ruby sniffled and slowly nodded her head. "Alright, let's call her." 

xoxo

"Mama!" Ruby had a hard time pronouncing words and even know it sounded like she was calling her grandmother, mom, it was still adorable. 

"Ruby! Hey baby!" The toddler waddled as fast as she could until she reached the older woman, who scooped her up and showered her in hugs and kisses. 

"Mama, no!" Ruby giggled. She kicked her legs and tried pulling her head away, resisting as best as she could, but nothing could stop the love of a grandma. 

"I missed you!" Josh smiled in relief. It was never fun to watch a toddler break down over someone she loved and it's happened twice to her. But, it wasn't just Ruby who was upset, but Josh found himself thinking about the brunette sometimes. 

"I miss you too." Ruby wrapped her short arms around her grandmother's neck a squeezed. 

"Ooh, big hug! Thank you sweetheart." She chuckled and turned her direction to her son. He was staring at his feet. "How are you Josh?" 

Josh was distracted. "Wha-oh. Besides having to deal with Ruby's heartbreak? Yeah, I'm good." Josh laughed sadly. "Ruby misses-" Josh glanced at the toddler. "She misses, 'you know who,' and it's hard to handle that." 

"Hm. Well, I can stay as long as she needs." She smiled and sat down on the small couch with the girl. 

"Thanks mom." 

xoxo

"Who's that?" 

Tyler jumped in surprise and turned to his sister. "Oh, um It's nobody." He frantically tossed other random papers in attempt to hide his drawing from his sister. 

Tyler was adapting well to his family and they accepted him. His mother was more than thrilled when he got home. She told him that she had been looking for him for ages, but Tyler didn't really know if he believed her or not, because if she had been looking for him for ages, she would have found him. Tyler had to find her.

"Really? It didn't look like nobody-let me see!" Madison tried pushing past the skinny man, frantically moving papers in search of the drawing. 

"Okay, okay, just calm down and let me grab it." Tyler chuckled as the girl stepped back and folded her hands behind her back, waiting patiently. The drawing was underneath other sketches of that same person and one was even of a small child. "Alright, here. Be careful." 

Madison's eyes lit up as she gently held the paper in her hands. "Ooooh, he's pretty!" She giggled and Tyler smiled in return. "What's his name?" 

"Oh, that's Joshua. He's the one who helped me before I came home. You kinda remind me of his daughter in a way." 

"Really? What was she like?" Madison sat on the gray carpet next to Tyler's, ready to listen. She loved stories. 

"Well, she's much younger than you." 

"Her name?" 

"Her name? It's Ruby." 

Madison gasped. "Ruby! Oh my goodness, that's so pretty! I wish my name was Ruby!" 

Tyler chuckled and joined the younger girl on the floor next to the desk in his new room. His room was practically empty, since he really didn't own anything, besides his bag and his mom made him throw out his old clothes, buying brand new ones. 

"It is a pretty name. I met her one day outside. She was all alone and I noticed her and I helped her. She told me she was lost and looking for her dad, so I took her in until her dad found her. Her dad, Josh, was so grateful for my help that he let me stay with him, until I found mom and came home. Ruby was always so happy and she loved to play. She would wake me up in the morning with the cutest smile." 

"I want to meet her! And Josh!" 

Tyler frowned. "See that's the thing. I don't own a cell phone, so I never thought to ask for his number, so I can't really get in touch with him." 

Madison frowned as well. "Oh." 

Tyler didn't want to upset his sister, so he immediately changed the subject. "I know it sucks, but let's say you and me go for a walk, yeah?" 

Madison nodded. "Okay."