1.2

"Yeah-and don't tell him. Please." 

Ruby waddled around the corner and sat down on the carpet, watching her dad talk on the phone. He was at his desk with his phone at his ear, held up by his shoulder and his fingers were typing away at his computer. He glanced down at her and smiled. 

"Yeah, Friday? Ummm." Josh squinted at the screen. "That'll be perfect!" Josh laughed. "Yes. Thank you so much. See you soon. Alright, bye." Josh sighed happily and leaned back in the chair. He looked down at Ruby who was watching him idly. 

"Hi." She whispered around her pacifier. 

"Hi, baby!" Josh jumped up picked her up, spinning in a circle, causing her to break out into a fit of giggles. Josh laughed along. When he stopped her giggles died down and she held the biggest smile. "You hungry." 

Ruby answered with a nod and a smile. 

"Okay. Let's go eat!" 

xoxo

"Mom." The boy whisper shouted at his mother who was walking past with a laundry basket. She turned her head and was waved over at her son. 

"What is it?" 

Jay was outside of Tyler's room, peering in through the crack between the door and the wall. "Why are you watching your brother sleep? That's weird." 

Jay rolled his eyes. "No, I have just noticed that he's been sleeping a lot and he never really comes out of his room." 

His mother shrugged. "Well, besides me and your father, he doesn't even know who you or your other siblings were before he came home. So I don't really blame him. He just needs some time to warm up to everyone." 

"Well yeah, but don't you think he would want to get to know us?" 

The older woman shook her head. "I have no idea Jay, just leave him alone." 

"Have you seen his drawings?" He turned his head back to the door. Tyler shifted on the bed and sighed. 

"No, why?" 

"They're pretty!!" 

Both Jay and his mother nearly jumped out of there skin and the new, high-pitched voice below them. 

"Madi, you almost scared the life outta me." Jay chuckled and lifted her up into his arms. 

She giggled. "Sorry, Jay." 

"Mom?" Came a quieter voice. 

They all turned their heads and found Tyler now standing in his doorway. He hadn't been asleep and had only known about their presents when Madison came upstairs and shouted. 

"Oh," Kelly glanced over at her other children. "Tyler, I'm sorry we woke you." She glared down at her daughter who looked down at her feet. 

"Oh, it's fine. I wasn't really sleeping anyway. Just resting I guess." 

Kelly smiled warmly to her son. "Well, tomorrow we're all thinking about going out and spending some quality time together. I think that would be a great opportunity for you to connect with the rest of us." 

Tyler would never say this, and he didn't really want to believe it either, but in a way he hated his parents. He did miss them all those years, but this was just weird how willing they were to invite him back home so easily, no questions asked. In all honestly, Tyler would have stayed with Josh if he knew things were going to be this. 

"I don't know. I'll think about it." 

Kelly frowned as Tyler shut the door in their faces, disappearing into his bedroom once again. She scuffed and made her way downstairs, Jay following suit. 

"Why haven't I heard about this family outing and why is it so important that he comes. He an adult, he doesn't have to." 

The basket full of clothes was placed on the couch as Kelly thought for a moment. "Because whether or not he likes it or not, he is a Joseph. He is a part of this family." Jay chuckled. "Plus, Josh is coming to take him back." 

Jay rolled his eyes and was about to walk off, but stopped. "Wait, what? You mean Josh, as in the drawings Josh?" 

"Uh, yeah? And I really don't want him to go, he just got back, but I know for a fact he wants to go back. Tyler is not happy here and I do owe Josh my life." 

"Yeah. Okay." Jay said sarcastically. 

Kelly stood up straight. "What is that supposed to mean?" 

"Well, before two weeks ago, I never knew I had an older brother. You're telling me you just abandoned your first son in another state and never bothered to tell anybody?" 

Kelly huffed. She tried speaking, but was cut off by her son again. 

"Tyler was the one who reached out and found you. What kind of mother does all that?" 

She didn't show it, but Kelly was enraged at the way Jay was talking to her, but at the same time, she knew he was right. She messed up and would do anything to make it up, but Tyler wasn't really the forgiving Type. 

Only time will tell now.