Mizuki

Boredom.  Utter boredom.  

"If your so bored why don't you train?"

Hmmmm thats a good idea Kurodayu!

I made my way to the training grounds and thought about what to do.   Hmmmm I think I want another summoning.

"Hey Kurodayu.  Since your the Dragon God, does that mean I could sign a contract with the dragons?"

"Hmmmm maybe.  Try it.  But remember, you do not choose your dragon, the dragon chooses you."

I nodded and sat down to begin my meditation.  Soon, I was inside a huge a cave.  Roars echoed off the walls.  I wandered through the tunnels until I reached a cavern with hundreds of dragons in it.  

They all noticed my precense but ignored me.  Well, most of them ignored me.  One dragon rose above the rest.  It had beautiful silver scales.

"My mate, Lyra.  This is Bara, my host.  Treat her well."

Kurodayu's voice echoed around us.  The silver dragon, Lyra, nodded and motioned me forward. 

"Why have you come, host of my mate?"

"I have come to sign a contract with the dragons if they will have me."

Lyra snorted.  "None of these dragons will have you.  They were born free.  Free dragons do not accept orders anyone other than myself and my mate.  The only way you would have a chance of signing a contract with one of our kind is to try and see if an egg will hatch for you and mark you as its own."

I nodded quickly.  Lyra nodded and led me down a tunnel into another cavern.  This one had impressions in the ground where the dragons had dug holes to keep their eggs safe.

"Go and stand before each nest for a few minutes each.  If you are chosen, the egg will begin to shake, signalling the hatchling will exit its shell.  If it still chooses you after it is born it will mark you."

I nodded and went and stood before each nest.  I was currently standing before the last nest and Lyra was looking on amused.  I guess she didn't think any of them would choose me.

I was about to give up when I saw one begin to shake.  It began to crack and Lyra made her way over to me.  

"One of my own brood?"

Her blue eyes gazed at her egg.  So I might sign a contract with one or Kurodayu's hatchlings?  Cool.

Moments later a gorgeous baby white dragon broke through its shell.  It yawned cutely showing off its little baby fangs.  It took everything I had not to go 'awwwwwwww'.  It opened its red eyes and gazed up at me.

My breathe hitched as we stared at each other.  The baby dragon clumsily walked over to me.  This time i did go 'awwwww'.

I heard Lyra snort as she waited for her hatchling to make its choice.  A burning sensation came from over my heart suddenly.  I gasped and clutched it.  I looked down after then sensation stopped and saw a tatoo that looked like claws ripping skin from the inside.  

The baby dragons neck began to glow and soon it stopped to reveal a choker-like necklace.  It was made of silver metal and had a beautiful amethyst gem embedded in it.

"Impossible.  My hatchling has chosen you."  She sighed and nudged her hatchling affectionately.  "I guess it can't be helped.  So what will you name her?"

I thought for a moment.  A name.....  I got it!!!!

"How about Mizuki?"

Lyra's eyes softened.  "A beautiful name for a beautiful hatchling.  As beautiful as the moon.  I love it."

Kurodayu hummed his agreement in my mind.  I picked Mizuki up gently and craddled her to my chest.  She soon fell asleep.  

"Take care of her, you here.  She won't be like summonings.  She will stay in your world with you.  Soon, you will be able to hear each others thoughts as your bond grows."

I nodded and suddenly I was in my room still holding Mizuki.  I cooed over her and laid her next to me as I went to sleep.

(The picture to the side is Mizuki)