Preliminaries

Authors note:

Its sad that I had to reread this story because I forgot what I wrote.  Anyways let be on with the story.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Since there are so many of you here, we will now hold a preliminary round."

Everyone groaned and complained but were stopped by the proctor continuing.

"The first match will be Sasuke Uchiha vs (Can't remember this guy's name).  Everyone else but these two go to the stands."

We filed out and I stopped next to Sasuke.

"Good luck."

He nodded to me and I made my way to the stands.  Sadly I didn't pay much attention to his match but I knew he won using Lee's move.

"Next match is Bara Uzumaki vs Akina Zaraki!"

I jumped down into the arena and waiting for the chick I will be fighting.  A tall girl with bright blond hair came to stand before me.  She had an stiff peice of leather on her hip. 

Judging by her headband she is from the Hidden Rain Village.

"Are there any objections?"

We both shook our head and the proctor began the match.  She immediately jumped away and pulled the leather off her hip.  She then looked like she was going to throw it at me but instead a long strand of chakra emerged from it.

A Chakra Whip.  By the look of her chakra she has fire type.  I really don't feel like putting any effort into this fight.

I pulled out a scroll and summoned my Shinigami blades.  They are going to be pissed but oh well.

I left Shi resting on my back and drew out Chi.  I pressed my thumb at the base of the blade and my blood ran down special grooves in the blade.

"Oh are you so unskilled in kinjutsu that you cut yourself with your own blade."

Akina was trying to taunt me.

I flicked my blade and one drop of blood met the ground.   A dark chakra formed around the spot of blood and soon Chi was standing before me in all her chilling glory.

"Why have you summoned me child?"

Her raspy voice filled the now quiet arena. 

"I figured you'd like to have some fun.  Plus your more forgiving that Shi is."

She let out an evil chuckle.  "Is this blond child our opponent?  She doesn't look like much."

I could tell Akina was afraid but took offense to Chi's taunt and forgot her justified fear.

"I am not afraid of your stupid illusion!!  I will kill you and prove I am stronger than the all-powerful Shadow Wolf!!"

Stupid girl.  Chi laughed.

"So you think I am an illusion?  I will prove I am not."

I sat down on the ground and pulled out my mint chapstick and applied.  Might as well let Chi have her fun.  Akina began gasping and clutching her chest.

I found Orochimaru's eyes through the crowd and shouted, "Hey Sensei!  How long do you think it will be before her heart explodes?!"

He smiled and held up one finger.  One minute huh.  Scarecrow apparently thought I was talking to him and shouted down," Bara stop this!  You dont need to kill her!"

I turned to look at him.  "It is unwise to get between a Shinigami and its prey!"

At that moment Akina screamed and blood gushed from her mouth.  Her heart exploded.

I released Chi as the proctor shouted, "Akina Zaraki is unable to go on.  Bara Uzumaki is the winner."

I turned around and left the arena.

Orochimaru POV

She has grown.  She has advanced farther than I thought possible for her.  But what is more curious is that she seems to share a silent bond with the Uchiha.  I might be able to obtain an old and new student in one go. 

I backed up into the shadows.  One can only wait and see when Shadow Wolf is involved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture to the side is Chi.