03

any monbebes here?

--

The boys sat by the bar for the next hour, getting to know more about each other. Youngjae eventually found out about Jaebum's band. He personally loved music but judging by how Jaebum dresses, he guessed they did something in the field of rock or metal. 

"There's four of us, but no leader. We don't do that kind of stuff -- we all listen and follow each other.", Jaebum said with hope in his voice that Youngjae could clearly sense.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you here by yourself?", Youngjae asked. 

"I could ask you the same.", Jaebum teased, slightly nudging the younger with his shoulder. Youngjae scoffed playfully. 

"Well, I don't have many friends. Plus, I don't really need them.", he said. Jaebum didn't respond at first and only swirled the ice in his drink. 

"I'll be your friend.", he finally spoke, smiling at Youngjae, sincerely. The younger only grinned and turned his face away, not responding. Jaebum noticed Youngjae wasn't very enthusiastic which made him wonder what he did for a living. 

"So, what do you do?", he asked. Youngjae turned to him and hesitated to answer at first but winced once he did. 

"I'm an advertiser, but I mainly work on proposals, funds -- all that boring stuff.", he said. Jaebum nodded in response.

"So that explains it."

"Explains what?", Youngjae asked, his brows furrowed in confusion. 

"Why you seem so reserved and...strict.", he managed to say. He didn't mean to judge him by the small talk they've had, but he knew he was correct. Youngjae's job had become so overwhelming, the vibe rubbed off on him.

He was a very bubbly and jolly person, growing up but like all children, he found out that there's more to the world than just music and books. And that there are people who will bring you down. 

It was silent for the next minute until the younger glanced at his watch and remembered he still had work the next day. "Well, I'd better be off." He left a pile of cash and signaled to the bartender as he got up. 

"It was nice talking to you, Jaebum.", he said, grinning almost smugly. The elder nodded his head as he eyed him from head to toe. 

"So will I see you around?", he asked. 

"We'll see.", Youngjae said before making his way out the door. Jaebum smiled widely, showing off his row of perfect and pearly white teeth.

~

The next day, Jaebum and company practiced in the usual practice room, preparing themselves for the gig Yoongi had mentioned before. All seemed well until a certain rapper's mic accidentally popped. 

Lee Jooheon, a rapper known for his legitimate fire tracks and wild personality. He was just about as shocked as everyone else when his mic stopped working. 

"Let's take five.", Yoongi sighed as he took the younger's now broken mic from him, and placed it back on the stand. The night was still young but the boys spent the whole day practicing. 

"There's something wrong with that mic.", Jooheon defended himself, gaining sarcastic stares from his band mates. 

"Anyway, I think we're ready for next week.", Jaebum said. 

"Yea, I'll call the guy and let him know.", Yoongi responded and got up to grab his phone. 

"Anything new with you, guys?", a black haired male asked his band mates. 

Yoo Kihyun, a singer who's vocals are no joke, and is known for his charming eye smile. He took a seat on the floor next to Jaebum. 

"Nothing much.", Lie. 

"Just visiting the same, old, boring bar.", Another lie. He didn't want to mention Youngjae just yet, because he wasn't even sure why he should. They've only officially met once and he didn't think he was that important to him. However, some part of him really wanted to mention his name.