06

a thousand apologies. 

~

Youngjae sat in his office, replaying Saturday night's events in his head. He placed his index finger on his bottom lip and lightly ran it across the skin.

He remembered the way Jaebum's arms wrapped around him -- how warm he felt. Youngjae found himself slowly closing his eyes and going off into a drift, before he jolted up once again.

Stop it, he told himself before proceeding back to work.

Jaebum on the other hand, was surprised more than anything. He didn't understand why Youngjae pushed him away the other night but thought that it was possibly because he came off too strong.

Maybe it was his first?, Jaebum thought. Anyway, the elder didn't think too much of it. He and the boys had practice later that day and at that moment, he laid in bed, trying to get himself to fall asleep again.

~

Having been seated for three hours already, with nothing to do but work and more work, Youngjae twiddled his fingers trying to stretch them. He cracked a few of his knuckles, sighing a little.

Leaning back on his chair, his eyes met with his phone that rested on his desk. He thought of Jaebum again, who's number he had saved but didn't have the guts to call or message.

Then again, he wondered why he should. Jaebum probably didn't think anything of it and the younger was just making a big deal out of nothing.

However, he didn't want to leave things abruptly. Maybe just say sorry? , he asked himself.

After much contemplating and much time wasted, he finally decided against contacting the elder and just confronting him after work.

Where else than the classic old bar?

~

Kihyun had asked the guys to hang out somewhere after rehearsal. However, Yoongi and Jooheon had other (better) things to do so Kihyun and Jaebum went out.

They sat on their stools by the bartender and Jaebum swirled his ice in his drink while Kihyun was busy texting.

The younger put his glass down after noticing how occupied the pink haired male was. He sighed in slight annoyance and leaned on his shoulder, waiting for him to notice.

Kihyun, who had just finished laughing at what seemed to be hysterical on his screen, had noticed Jaebum's glare.

"So you invite me out and not even talk to me?", Jaebum said with slight sass.

Kihyun bit the inside of his cheek. "Sorry, Jin-hyung sent me this video. Wanna see?", he said excitedly as he tried shoving the phone in Jaebum's face.

Which resulted to him backing away and the elder going back to his phone.

He turned his attention back to the people around him and his drink. Suddenly, he felt a soft tap on his right shoulder, making him turn.

Youngjae stood before him, a tight grin on his face while he played with his fingers. Jaebum took the sight in before slowly placing his glass on the counter.

"Hey.", he spoke softly. Youngjae only smiled in response.

For a few seconds, the two were unsure of what to do next. So the younger only stood while Jaebum was a little taken aback that he came by.

Youngjae chuckled nervously before bringing his hands up to his face, sighing exasperatedly.

"L-Look. I'm sorry about w-what I did.", he began but the elder shook his head quickly.

"Why're you apologizing?", he said, his eyebrows furrowed.

The younger shrugged his shoulders, his lips still pursed together.
"I don't know? I mean, I pushed you pretty hard and left you alone. Th-That was kinda rude."

Jaebum couldn't find any words to say, but found it quite amusing that Youngjae was so pure enough to apologize for something like that.

Instead, he stared at the younger in bliss, somewhat scaring him.

"Well, I just wanted to say I'm sorry.", Youngjae said before turning away to leave. Jaebum who quickly snapped out of his daze, grabbed his hand, stopping him from leaving.

"Since you're already here, why don't you stay?"

~

Youngjae had decided to sit with the elder for a little while longer, feeling more comfortable as time passed by. Jaebum had just finished telling the younger a story about himself and his band mates and how they had almost gotten in trouble for wacking a gang leader with Kihyun's guitar. 

Youngjae's stomach was aching from all the laughing but didn't want the elder to stop with his story. "You couldn't have just told him to back off?"

"Well, it was his fault for calling me small!", Kihyun piped in. The other two had almost forgotten that he was there. Youngjae chuckled, bringing his attention back to Jaebum. 

He was still thinking about what happened but tried not to say anything too blunt. "Hey, about Saturday..." Jaebum turned his body toward him, placing his mug down. 

"W-Why'd you do it?", Youngjae managed to ask even though his words were trying to force themselves back down his throat. 

Jaebum broke eye contact for a second or two, shrugging and trying to think of a good reason. 

"I mean, I thought you were the straightest person ever.", the younger admitted, making Jaebum chuckle loudly. 

"I don't know. I guess you just seemed so vulnerable and small -- I just had to. It was as if you, you needed to be protected."

There was silence between the two for a few seconds. Youngjae just stared into the elders' eyes. It might have been the small amount of alcohol he had consumed or he was actually somewhat flattered.

Jaebum gave him a grin before chuckling shyly, tearing his gaze away from him.

"Sorry, I know that might have sounded weird.", he said making Youngjae shake his head.

"No. I-I kinda liked it."