Chapter 2 | First Meeting

Send help there's a huge moth in my room!!

Word count: 1248

_______________________

|Sherwin's POV|

The early morning sun kindy shines through the curtains of my window. It's a new day. With a yawn I clumsily drop out of the bed and grab my clothes before heading to the bathroom. In about fifteen minutes I'm all dressed up and cleaned so I head downstairs and into the kitchen. With another yawn I sit down behind the table and watch my mom make breakfast. I've almost completely forgotten about the cute dark haired guy I saw yesterday before my dad asks if I have met any new kids already. I shake my head with a slight tint of red on my cheeks and just tell him that I haven't. As mom sets out plates for everyone and serves the meal we immediately dig in. She makes the best breakfast.

Finished with breakfast it's time to go to school. The streets are filled with birds signing and few other kids here and there making their way to school, adults diving to work and old folks spending their time in the garden while watching everyone else live a busy life. It takes quite a while for me to get to the bus stop. But at least I can enjoy my time alone for a while. Finally reaching the bus stop I take a seat and start waiting. Noone else is here yet giving me the best opportunity to think about a perfect plan of how to approach the mysterious guy that makes my heart beat rapidly. I get so caught up in my thought that I don't even notice how another kid my age has taken a seat next to me. Only after I hear them turn a page of a book and quietly laugh to themselves I look up. My heart immeasurably stops. It's him. But how, how is he here? I quickly turn away hiding my tomato red face and peek at him from the corner of my eye. He's reading the same book again, it must be fun because he's constantly smiling and sometimes makes a cute quiet giggling sound. This could be it, this could be my chance to talk to him. I try to think of a way to start a conversation with him but I can't think of anything else to say after hi. Why is this so hard. Maybe ask how's he doing...no I should probably introduce myself first, he doesn't even know me. But how. What if he thinks I'm weird. And what will I say after introducing myself. Before I could come up with another reason to freak out the bus arrives. He closed he's book while holding one finger between the pages and steps onside. I fallow behind and sit few seats away from him. He continues reading, I don't think I've ever seen someone so beautiful when reading.
The rest of the bus ride is just me doing more staring and panicky every once in a while about if he saw me looking or not. Finally we arrive and I make my way quickly to the quiet area of the school garden. This bus ride felt like forever. And I'm sweating so much AgH this sucks. I calm myself a little before going inside and heading to my first class. It's math, perfect. I'm not bad at it but I just really hate going in front the class to solve an equation. Our teatcher makes everyone go there at least once a day. Somehow I manage to be lucky enough and the teacher doesn't notice me. This day might go well after all.

It's been few classes now and it's time for lunch. Standing in love fort what felt like eternity I finally get my meal. This time I decide to get a more private table alone in the corner of the cafeteria and whip out my sketchbook. Nothing makes me feel more relaxed than doing some doodling. (I feel like he would be an artsy kiddo, super creative) I come up with quite a few sketches and once again find myself in my dreamy world and forgetting about everything that's around me. I spend more time sketching before feeling someone's eyes on me. I look up, in fear that someone might be looking at my drawings. And I was right, a group of boys that I saw yesterday with my crush have formed a small circle around be, whispering and giggling as they look at my drawing. I immediately freak out and my whole face goes pale. One of them speaks up.
"Hey dude that's a pretty cool drawing, do you draw a lot?"
Another one comments a swell,
"Yeah those look really awesome."
I stutter a quiet thank you. I thought they were here to mock me and make fun of me. I slowly calm down and become more talkative as more of them comment about my drawings looking cool and awesome. Who would have thought that you could meet people like this. A unknown voice suddenly asks,
"Wow, you're really good. Would you like to be the illustrator for our group at the school's poem writing competition, we could really use a nice picture next to the poem?"
I look towards the direction where that sweet voice came from. My eyes widen as I realized it's him who asked me that question. For a moment I forget all words I know and find myself unable to speak. He smiles at me, at me! And is asking me to draw a picture for his poem?? I swear I am the luckiest person in this world. He raises one of his eyebrows and chuckles,
"So? Are you interested in my offer or not?"
I quickly nod and he calls over for two more guys who I think are in his poem writing group. He talk with them for few minutes before turning back to me and grabs something from his pocket.
"Here's a copy the poem, read it and see what you can think of. There's only one day left sadly so if you don't make it then it's totally okay."
He hands me a small piece of paper that has been folded together.
"I'll see you again tomorrow, here in the cafeteria. Oh, and my name is Jonathan by the way."
I blink twice before stuttering,
"I-I'm Sherwin."
Oh no my voice cracked, I blush from embarrassment.
"See you tomorrow, Sherwin."
And just like that he leaves. I'm left completely dumbfounded. I didn't ever realized I was holding my breath the hole time, I hope I didn't look stupid. I push the paper down in my pocket, gather my things and hurry back to class. I can still feel my cheeks tingle a light color of red and I run down the hallways. How embarrassing. I must do my best with drawing that picture for his poem. Maybe he will like me more after that.
"Jonathan..."
I whisper to myself, he's name sounds so nice. My heart is going crazy in my chest as I nervously sit down on my chair after reaching the classroom. It almost feels like it could jump out and run after him.
What a silly thing that would be.

_________________

Ayyy, it's 5 in the morning and I'm writing fanficion. How healthy is that.
Chapter 3 should hopefully be out tomorrow! I hope ya guys like the poem illustration idea. ^u^