Chapter 3 | The Poem

Next chapter gonna be the short film part~~
Also I'll be doing the next chapter mostly in Jonathan's point of view.

Word count: 1428

_____________________

|Sherwin's POV|

I sit in my room, behind the table and stare at the folded piece paper that has the poem on it. I'm a bit nervous, what if I won't be able to come up with a good idea and Jonathan will hate it. Or even worse, art block. I sink into the chair and take a deep breath. I can do this. I have all night. Carefully I unfold the paper, revealing a neatly written with absolute gorgeous handwriting text. Jonathan's amazing in everything isn't he, it looks like written by a professional. Leaning back on my chair I start reading the poem.

⚜️

A blue star in your eyes

On the wings of an eagle,
My love for you flies.
Soaring higher and higher,
And touching the skies.

I reached up above,
And pulled a star from the sky.
To place it within,
Your precious minds eye.

To dwell there forever,
As my love for you.
On the wings of our love,
Enduring and true.
I honor you my darling,
With all that I am.
Please darling please,
Will you be my man?

There are so many things,
My heart wants to say.
I love you sweetheart,
There is no other way.

⁽ᴾᵒᵉᵐ ᵇʸ ᴶᵒ'ᴸᵉⁿᵉ ᵀᵒᵛᵉʳ⁾
⚜️

"Wow... "
I breathe out. This is the most beautiful poem I have ever heard. I can't belive Jonathan wrote this, is he really such a romantic. I blush a deep shade of red and my heart start pounding at the thought of this being for me, if only. I would be the happiest person in this world if he ever wrote me a poem. I jump up from my chair and grab all my art supplies from all over the room and lay them out on the table. On a A4 paper I start to make simple sketches of what might work well with the poem. I spend almost an hour filling multiple sheets of papers with all kinds of ideas. If only I could ask Jonathan what he likes the most. Once I figured out the basic image I take a new clean sheet of paper and start on the final work. I must give it my best. If I dissapoint Jonathan now he will have a bad impression of me. After two more hours of intense painting and repainting my table looks like a complete mess, brushes everywhere, watercolor stains on my clothes and unsuccessfull drawings all over the floor. But I made it. One came out perfectly. Just like I wanted it to be. I smile to myself as I imagine Jonathan seeing it. "Please like it."I mumble to myself. I carefully place the drawing and the poem in a thin folder and back in my backpack. Now the only thing to do is sleep and wait for tomorrow. I brush my teeth and put on my pajamas. Switching on my night lamp I lay down on my bed and cuddle up with the warm bunny patterned blanket. It's hard to fall asleep now that my mind is only thinking about Jonathan. I wonder if he's sleeping already. Or maybe reading another one of his books. After a while I finally drift away to dreamland and dream about Jonathan and me having fun at the park. What a lovely dream.

~skip to morning~

I'm late! I forgot to set my alarm clock and now I'm a hour late to school. Running down the streets in top speed I try to make it in time for the next bus. Unfortunately just seconds before I arrive the bus alredy takes off. Darn it. Panting I take a seat and look at the sky. Jonathan is not here today, obviously because he made it in time unlike me. But still, I kinda miss to see him quietly read here. It's such a peaceful and quiet neighborhood. Plus the face he makes when reading is the most adorable thing ever. I almost miss another bus when daydreaming but quickly hop on and stand near the doors. I can already tell that my teacher is going to be furious. And saying that you slept in is never a good excuse. After a short ride I arrive and immediately jump out of the bus and run towards the school building. No students seem to be around. Everyone must be in class alredy. I quietly sneak up the stairs and inside my classroom. Phew, the teacher isn't here yet. I slide behind my table and whip out all the necessary books along with the folder to take a final look at my drawing. I still like it, good. I get a bit shaky. How am I going to deliver it, should I go find him first or let him find me. Biting my lip I take deep breaths and tell myself not to worry about unnecessary things. But I still end up coming up with the worst scenarios for the entire day before lunch.

Holding the folder tightly next to my heart that is pounding crazy I make my way to the cafeteria. But before I could get to far a familiar voice stops me.
"Sherwin!"
I turn around to see Jonathan waving few meters away from me next to his locker. My face turning red again I sheepishly wave back and walk up to him.
"H-hey, Jonathan."
He smiles and notices the folder I'm holding.
"Oh is that the drawing for the poem? Can I see."
I quietly take the drawing out of the folder and hand it to him. My hands are shaky, I hope he doesn't notice.
"I hope you like it, I-I was trying to make it as s-suitable as possible but I wasn't really sure what you w-would like..."
Gosh I must pull myself together and talk without stuttering. This is embarrassing. Jonathan doesn't seem to notice tough as he is too busy admiring the painting.
"Oh this looks wonderful, you're lucky you can draw so well. I love it."
My heart almost jumps out of my chest as he says the world love. He truly likes it, I couldn't ask for more. It makes me so happy. Jonathan help admiring my art work and turns to show it to his friends as well. Suddenly I feel strong throbbing in my chest, MY HEART! I-IT HAS JUMPED OUT OF MY CHEST. I'm frozen in place, there's a small pink heart floating in the air. It has a smiling face and is looking in Jonathan direction. It takes me few seconds to get used to the situation and recover from the shock and I snatch the little guy in my hands.
"What are you doing?!"
I whisper to the cheerful looking heart. It doesn't say anything and just starts floating back in Jonathan's direction. Oh no Jonathan's turning back this way. I quickly shove the floating heart in my pocket and try to keep it still.
"Is everything alright?"
Jonathan asks, looking a bit worried.
"Y-yeah everything is fine."
I squeak, the lil heart in my pocket is stronger than I thought. I have to get out of here fast.
"I-I'll see you later Jonathan!"
I turn around and run off now holding the lil heart guy with bouth of my hands. I can't let Jonathan see it. While I'm alredy almost out of the school building Jonathan is still standing there with a confused expression on his face. How am I going to explain this later.

It's late at night now and I still haven't managed to figure out how to put that things back in my chest. It just keeps floating around my room and making giggly noises with a smile on its face. I tired to ask it many questions but nothing. I guess the thing can't speak. With a deep sigh I drop on my bed and cover my face my my arms, letting out a muffled scream. Why?? How am I supposed to go to school tomorrow! It doesn't leave me alone and doesn't want to go back in my chest either.
"What do you want!!!"
I yell at it. But the lil guy just smiles and cuddles up against my cheek. Sigh. I can't really be bad at him. He is part of me after all. I pat it gently. Let's hope I can come up with something tomorrow.

💙