Alfie - Arranged

Request from a friend! DM me to get your own personal imagine  :D ❤

The only sound in the Shelby offices was Lesleys yelling. Angry yelling that could be noticed from miles away.

"You're not fucking doing this to me! You bastards!" She yelled as she threw Tommys papers on the floor, covering the ground. Tommy let out a sigh at his sister's actions.

"You're overreacting." He simply stated as he leaned his head on the back of his chair.

"You're marrying me off to a man I don't know! A dangerous man who could kill us all if he wanted to!" She spat. She couldn't believe her own brother was giving her away like an object, all because he needed ties to be made between the companies.

"He'll be a good man, I promise he won't hurt you. We just need to make sure that Solomon's can't back out when he feels like it." Tommy tired to calm his sister down.
By now, Arthur and John had entered, knowing she wouldn't be happy with Tommys plan.

"So you would rather put your own sister in danger than your bloody stupid company?!" She was disgusted.

"Listen Lesley. What Tommy has planned makes sense. Look at me, my marriage with Esme was arranged, and I've never been happier." John butted in.

Lesley look a deep breath and rubbed her face with her hands. Taking another look at the person she called brother, and leaving his office. She slammed the door behind her as she left.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

The music filled the building, people dancing around her. The sound of heals clicking against the floor in rythem to the music made her nervous. She had officially married Alfie. And she was now Lesley Solomon's. She couldn't deny that he was a handsome man, and he was well mannered when it came to women. But the way she heard him speak to her brothers made her laugh. He was a peculiar man, but dressed classy with a posh stick.

She wondered why he had agreed to marry her, but then again, why had she agreed to marry him.

She had taken some convincing, but she eventually agreed to it knowing her brothers wouldn't make her do this if she wasn't completely safe.

Lesley walked around her brothers  home, looking at the painting of him and Grace. When Tommy married Grace everyone's faces were filled with happiness, just like today.

She had imagined she would marry a childhood sweetheart, or a man she had know for a long time. But her she was, married to a man she had only heard about from her brothers.
Alfie had already apologised to her, saying it wasn't fair she was in this position. But now they were united, a Jewish 'baker' and a Shelby girl. The thought made her laugh.

It wasn't long before Alfie found her again, asking for her to dance with him. One of his hands gripped hers, and one sat on her waist. She placed her free hand on his shoulder, allowing him to pull her along. They occasionally laughed at her two left feet, but he was still a gentleman to her.

Throughout the night, she couldn't help but think that she might be happy. He would keep her safe and protect her.

Years later she would thank Tommy and her other brothers. Thanking them for her own family.