Tommy - Safety

Before you read this, I just want to tell you that I am in no way romanticising abuse. In fact i based this more on verbal/emotional abuse bc I didn't feel comfortable writing about physical. I hope you understand that.

Anyways, this was a request from Jughead-Jones27 .

Sorry it took so long but I had to re-write it like 5 times lol. Hope you like it, and sorry for any mistakes :)

Tommy was completely smitten with you. He would never admit it to anyone, but it was quite obvious. Some would say he might even be in love with you. As soon as you had walked into The Garrison years ago, he was hooked. It was like an obsession. Like you were a drug he couldn't get enough of.

In your first year of living in Birmingham, you had taken an interest in Tommy. Sure, you had fooled around with him, but you had no idea about his feelings. You too had those feelings, but you pretended they didn't exist. You would go as far to say that you had no feelings towards him at all, ever.

After all, you had a fiancé now. You had met Adam in your second year living in Small Heath. He had taken you out a few times, and then he became possessive. Soon enough you couldn't go anywhere without him insisting on going with you. No one would see you without him stood beside you constantly. But you would convince yourself that he just cared about you. But that was far from the truth. Adam had an inner anger, a dark jealousy. And he was violent. He had never made you bleed but he had gripped your arm a little too harshly, leaving a bruise. He never acknowledged his actions. He never apologised for the things he did or said. He had managed to take your confidence within the first few months. He made you believe that you would be nothing without him. So when he asked you to marry him, you said yes out of fear. You believe you would never get out of this toxic relationship.

Unlucky for you, no one noticed the pain in your eyes when he stood near you. No one saw how much you wanted to run away from him forever. No one knew how much you wanted Tommy to turn around and whisk you away to anywhere but here. Since Tommy cared about you so much, he remained your friend once you had met Adam, believing that you were happy and that you deserved someone gentle and loving. Oh how wrong he was.

And now, you were stood at the bar in The Garrison. Of course Adam was stood next to you, deciding what you would drink and who you would talk to. He had a suspicion that you and Tommy had been close before he met you, so when you got the invite for The Garrisons grand opening, he insisted on being there. He had told you specifically not to talk to Tommy just like every time you were in the same room as him. You hadn't spoken to Tommy in months thanks to him. This broke your heart even more.

"I'm going to the bathroom, don't go anywhere." Adam ordered as he kissed your cheek before leaving. This just added to the allusion that you were in a sweet relationship, that he treated you with respect. You wanted to run out now he was gone, but where would you go?

"And finally she's alone." A voice spoke behind you. You had longed to hear his voice in so long.

"Tommy." You sighed with relief. He stood next to you, leaning on the bar with a whiskey glass in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

"Emily. I hope you haven't been ignoring me recently." he downed his whiskey in one as he usually did.

"Of course not. Things have just been...hectic." You sighed, not knowing what other excuse would work.

"I see. Weddings are a grim business." He offered you a cigarette, which you took and allowed him to light it for you.

"Never thought I'd see this old pub look so glamorous." You changed the subject, blowing out the smoke.

Tommy nodded in agreement, looking around and admiring the room with a sense of pride.

"Emily, my dear, I really think it's time we leave." You froze as you recognised the voice.

"Y-yes, of course." You stuttered, hoping he wouldn't be too angry. You got rid of the cigarette and turned towards Adam, who didn't seem best pleased. He grabbed your arm as soon as you got close enough. You hoped someone, anyone would have seen.

"It was nice seeing you, Tommy." You spoke with a small smile, your eyes pleading him.

"Same to you, Em." He tilted his head, using your old nickname. You didn't notice, but Tommy had seen.

It had taken him over a year, but he finally saw it. The look in your eyes was enough to clarify what was going on. He had never been more angry with himself. How could he not have seen it before? Now he was left alone, watching you leave in a tight grip.

Your home was only a short walk from the pub, but it was long enough to make your arm numb in his tight grip. The tension was thick enough to be cut with a knife as he slammed the door shut when you got in.

"You did the one thing I asked you not to do." He spoke, still facing the closed door.

"I-I didn't mean any harm..." You tried to reason with him, but he threw a vase in response. You had never seen him so angry. The ringing in your ears allowed you to block out his yelling. He waved his hands around in anger.

You were too busy making sure you didn't get hit that you didn't notice the door opening. Your back was against the wall when the gun shot went off, making you squeeze your eyes shut.

There was silence, and then a thud. You opened your eyes to see Adams body on the floor, blood coming from his chest. Tommy stood at the entrance of the door, gun in hand. You didn't know if you should cry of smile at the event. You slid your back down the wall until you sat on the floor, Tommy rushing over to you, collecting you in his arms as you sobbed.

It took him over a year to notice, but he had saved you.