Chapter 4

3 months earlier
"LaMelo! Get serious." She said laughing while I threw grapes at her. "Seriously! We have to get this assignment done!" "School is lame. Why do we even have to go?" I said while sitting against my bedroom wall. "To help us get through life Melo. We're sophomores right now babe, and pretty soon, we have to figure out our college and career path and all the other stressful stuff, and honestly, I love school!" She said while her eyes grew big with joy at the talk of school. "Well, I already got my college. Yuh dat way." I said while dabbing. "Yeah whatever." She said while smiling. "Come here baby girl." I said while my arms waited for her presence. "Let's take a break. You need to rest. You know what the doctor said." "I know, I know." She said while coming towards me. "I love you." I said as I squeezed her tightly. "I love you too."

I finally got out of my trance as I realized that my name was being called. "Melo!" I heard my mom say. "Mom?" I asked confused. "I thought you went to school sir." I heard her say as she was coming up the stairs. "I was going too, but I stopped by her parents house to say hi and I just couldn't go to school after that. It would've been too hard." "Yeah, I guess I can understand. Alright, I'm gonna start with lunch soon. What would you like?" My mom asked me. "Um, I'm honestly not that hungry." "Melo, you need to eat." "I know and I will! Just, not right now. I'm not hungry." "Alright. Well, come downstairs when you wanna talk. I'm not used to anyone being here at this time. It's kinda cool to have someone here." She said as she smiled and turned to leave the room.

I was going through my closet as a shoe box fell on to my head. "Damn." I said as I rubbed the spot where the box hit. I looked down to see what the box said. "Memories of us." I read aloud. I reached down to pick up the box. I hesitated multiple times, but I finally decided to just open it. I picked up the first picture as I heard my mom come in my room. "Hey honey! Lunch is ready if you want anything. What's that?" She asked as she came up behind me. "It's a box that fell out of my closet. It's pictures of her and I." I said as I looked at all of them. "I'm surprised that you're actually looking at them." She said while looking at them with me. "Yeah, me too." "This one is so cute! Where was this one taken?" My mom asked. "Oh! This one is probably my favorite, or at least one of my favorites." I said as I grabbed the talked about picture out of the box. "This was taken the first week of us meeting and becoming friends. We were in the schools parking lot and she asked if we could take a picture, and of course I said yes, so she got on my back and wrapped her legs around me. So many people were staring. I was so nervous because I already knew that I was in love with her." I said as I chuckled a little. "Hey, mom? Can I ask you something?" I said while getting serious. "Of course." "The fact that I'm not crying right now, does that mean I'm over her? Usually when I look at pictures of us, I bawl my eyes out. What does it mean? I'm scared that I'm forgetting her. I don't want to forget." I said as I was looking around the room, not wanting to make eye contact. "Oh honey, you're never going to forget her! She will always be with you, but, maybe you are slowly starting to understand the fact about what happened? I'm not sure, but she's always with you. She's always with us. I can feel her with us right now actually!" My mom said while smiling and hugging me. "Thanks mom."

(Chapter 4! So, I know this chapter is not the greatest, but I hope you like it! )

•Predictions about what happens next?•