Chapter 5

My mom and I arrived at the store. I decided to tag along so I could get out of the house. I needed to leave for a while. "Hey son? Can you go get some milk? You know where it is right?" "Yeah, I know where it is. I'll be back." I said as I walked down the aisles of the store. "Hey Melo." I heard behind me. I turned around and noticed a very pretty girl. I recognized her from school. "Oh, hey. Sara right?" I asked as I walked towards her. "Yeah! That's me! So, what are you doing here? Oh, well I know what you're doing here, but yeah." She said while laughing and blushing a little. "Haha, well I'm just getting some milk for my mom." "Ah cool. Do you wanna hang out sometime? Like after school or something?" I tried to process her question. Of course this doesn't mean she likes me, but I'm just not ready to date. I don't think I ever will, but I don't want to be rude. This is just a friendly conversation I'm assuming. Nothing more. "Um, yeah sure! That sounds cool. I'll see you tomorrow. We can talk about it at school." I said as I started to walk away. "Bye!" I heard her say. I waved to her and continued to go and get milk.

"Hey, what took you so long? I was getting worried." "Really mom? I'm fine." I said as I chuckled a little. "I got caught up talking to a friend from school." "Ah ok. Was she pretty?" "How do know if she's a girl?" "I can just tell. The look in your eyes." My mom said as she grabbed some grapes. "Woah, relax. It's nothing like that at all. I don't feel any type of attraction towards her, and she doesn't feel any towards me. We are just friends." "Ok. Whatever you say." She said while smirking a little.

"Hey bro!" Lonzo said as he shut the backyard door. "I see you tryin to ball like me." He said while stealing the basketball from my hands. "Ha! You wish." I said as I sat on the warm ground. "I see you're looking better. Are you feeling better though?" Zo asked as he dribbled the ball. "Eh, I guess. I'm alright. I still miss her though. I have my moments I guess." "Yeah, I get it." Zo said as he sat across from me. "Aye! It's my bros!" Gelo said as he joined us on the ground. "How y'all doin?" "Good." Zo and I said at the same time. "So, mom told me you met a girl today. You like her or somethin?" Gelo asked. "You met a girl?! Oh yeah! My bro back on the dating scene." Lonzo said as he patted my shoulder. "Yes I met a girl but no I don't like her. She's just a friend from school. We are just friends. Nothing more." I said as I got up. "Oh come on. It's Sara Smith! She's literally one of the hottest girls at Chino. If I was you, I would get with that. Hell, I would get with that." Gelo said. "Bro, that's just wrong." Lonzo said. "Well, its true." Gelo said as he rolled his eyes. "Ok, I'll admit. She is pretty, but she will never compare to...." I said as I stopped before I said her name. "I honestly think you guys would have gotten married." Lonzo said. "Yeah same. She was the one." "You guys don't think I know? I knew from the moment I saw her I was gonna marry her. No question about it!" I said as I walked a little to cool myself off. "Hey, how about we call the squad and go hoop. That usually helps you when you're stressed." Gelo said as he walked towards me. "Yeah, that sounds good actually." I said as I walked inside the house.

(Hey guys! Sorry I took a while to update. I hope you enjoy this chapter! I know you guys don't really know much about her yet, but how do you feel about Sara? Does she have feelings for Melo? Will Melo develop feelings for her?)