eighteen ; forever, promise?

xviii. forever, promise?

━ ❝ of course, love ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

fifty votes and twenty comments for next chapter!

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

THE NIGHT WAS peaceful, the most it could be at least. All of the boys had gone off to bed and so Arabella and Pan retired for the night. His wife had put on a baggy t-shirt of his and some panties while he slept shirtless with his boxers. They had laid there for a while, talking about the heroes and what they should do if things got out of hand, more than they already had. No ideas or plans were made. Pan knew for a fact that she was stressed so he had kissed her, assuring her that everything would be fine. Of course, he then mentioned how she promised to be his now that Jordan was away. She had rolled her eyes playfully before kissing him and then laying her head on his chest, telling him she was tired.

So they fell asleep, Pan's arms wrapped around her and her head on his bare chest, the covers up to their chests. But what woke Arabella up was a shuffle and then an extra weight. Her eyes opened slowly to see a small figure, a teddy bear in hand. Jordan crawled closer on the bed towards her. "What's wrong honey?" the former princess questioned.

And that's when she saw the tears on the young goy's face. Then she remembered the crying she heard when she first arrived on the island. "Why did my mommy and daddy not love me?" he asked as his lip quivered.

Frowning, she lifted her head off of Pan's chest to grab him, bring him to lay between him and the leader. "They don't matter, sweetheart. You have a new family now, one that loves you," she whispered, so she didn't wake up her husband.

"Will you be my new mommy?"

Arabella smiled. "Well, you already call me mommy, don't you? So yes, of course, I will and I promise to be better than your other mommy, okay?" He smiled back and got under the covers. The young lost boy curled up into her side, causing her to sigh sadly.

Pan stirred and he opened one of his eyes groggily. "Jordan?"

There was no answer and she peered over to see that the boy was already asleep. She shushed him. "He's sleeping."

Pan opened both of his eyes and saw the young boy in between them. "He can't stay in here Aria."

She looked over at him, her eyes narrowing. "And why not?" she demanded quietly as to not wake Jordan. While she knew that he now carried a status where he didn't care about anyone and only was interested in what he wanted, there were limits. And he clearly hadn't been making these boys feel at home which she mentally reminded herself to talk to him about some other time. He didn't answer and Arabella reached over and intertwined one of their hands. "Do you remember when Rumple used to climb into our bed at night whenever he had a nightmare?" He nodded. "I missed my own son growing up. Both of his parents did get to watch him grow up. These boys... their parents didn't love them. And we can fix that. We could be their parents Malcolm."