.•°One.•°

A/N: New content that might be short. Idk how it'll go. I just had a kinda decent idea, and I was like why don't I just dive right into that shit with no pre-planning? So here is my on-the-whim creation that I have birthed for all of you. Enjoy my ugly baby. Alternate cover pictured above.

Whatever god existed out there decided not to look too kindly upon Pete Wentz the second he had agreed to a ridiculous proposition that could only mean dire consequences. He'd stretched his fingers out on the leather surface of his steering wheel and heard the crack deep within the joints. The purr of his engine vibrated against his rib cage, rumbling straight into his gut and fueling the adrenaline in his veins as his foot tested the gas pedal. A challenging gaze hovered beside him in another vehicle, and though he knew of the inevitable aftermath, he was never a man to pass up a dare especially coming from his best friend of twelve years. So maybe they both weren't good for each other if they were doing stupid shit for no apparent reason, but Pete supposed his defiant personality and Brendon's desire for thrills balanced each other out even if in the worst ways.

It took one quick glance in his direction for Pete to understand the cue and shift his car into drive. The road was slicked up, and it shined underneath the streetlights from the earlier storm that still hung around in the rolling thunder throughout the dark sky. Their vehicles were matched in speed as they raced down the street, passing through red lights and dodging cars much slower than them only to earn anger-fueled honks. Pete enjoyed the brisk breeze of wind that whipped through his hair and flooded his face with the sweet, earthy scent of petrichor. In these moments of pure bliss and adrenaline-pumped veins was when he was most at peace away from his hectic life back at the palace.

He could forget about being garbed in the most fashion-forward clothing rather than the normal pedestrian attire he preferred and the constant absence of his parents attending to their own affairs that were much more important than Pete himself. He fixated on his friend who had cut him off at their last turn and pulled ahead by a good amount.
"Fucking jack ass," Pete chuckled to himself, swerving around a couple of cars in front of him and catching up to his competition once again much to the other's look of disbelief, "You've got another thing coming, Beebo, if you think you're going to win."

The exhaust on his Lamborghini Veneno roared through the pressure of accelerating to its max speed. Pete felt the vibrations dance and tingle underneath his fingertips as he gripped the wheel tighter finally surpassing Brendon. He looked in the rear-view mirror at the Ferrari F60 falling further behind him and laughed from the giddiness that bubbled in his stomach. It was nothing compared to his baby. He knew from the second he bought it for his friend that it wouldn't stand a chance against his own vehicle even if it had been a close call a minute ago.

His attention turned back to the road ahead a little too late, and he jerked the wheel immediately to avoid crashing straight into the delivery truck in the same lane. The squealing that resulted from his tires echoed into the crisp air. A gust of smoke bellowed up around his line of sight whilst his car slid across the slippery asphalt despite his attempt to steady himself. His heart crashed against his rib cage when he realized just exactly how this was going to end, and he braced himself for the impact that arrived next. The air was knocked right out of him when the passenger side of his car slammed into the thick bark of an oak tree and his body was jerked forward into the airbag, a cloud of white powder bursting through.

Everything went blank for a split second as Pete began choking with the dust filling his lungs and suffocating him. He sat there absolutely frozen whilst the bag deflated, unsure of how exactly he was still alive. A sharp sting surfaced from the palm of his hand, and he noticed a slice, oozing deep crimson, when he glanced down at it.
"Shit," he croaked, unbuckling his seat belt and weakly reaching for his door handle.