.•°Fourteen.•°

They had told him the world was his oyster from the moment he was born, and Pete believed it to be true for a majority of his life. Simply because he had a limitless amount of money and fame backing him up, the prince wanted to think he was allowed the most lavish lifestyle if he so chose. Time passed, though, and Pete grew to learn that those factors could not satisfy him. In fact, the riches and attention only dragged him down in this personal hell, and he had been certain that he could feel no sign of happiness or fulfillment. That was until he met Patrick. As cliche as it sounded, that man turned his misery into joy and brought out a warmth inside of himself that he had thought to be cold.

Pete didn't know what that made him if anything at all. He'd never seen a man as he saw his bodyguard, never been so amorous with anyone like he had with Patrick. It didn't matter if he were gay or bisexual or anything of the sort so long as he was allowed to continue the level of rapport between them. The only problem was Meagan. She, herself, wasn't a bother. It was the drawback of having to marry her soon that had him knee deep in a plight with no clear way out.

He couldn't admit to the princess how little romantic affection he had for her, but it was far more inconsiderate to toy her along while he fucked his bodyguard behind her back. It was the night before their engagement party when he came to discover that he no longer had any sexual attraction toward her. The situation had been truly embarrassing, and it had never happened to him before. She'd gone down on him with the intention of getting him off, but he was having difficulty sporting a hard on for her. He closed his eyes and thought back to the beach where Patrick and him had had their last sexual encounter in the cave, thought to when he'd sunk his soft, sultry lips around Pete's erection. The searing heat of Patrick's lips had slid over the blunt tip with a mind-blowing suction as he had taken him into the back of his throat, but Pete made the mistake of opening his eyes again and seeing his fiancee there. It only made him flaccid.

She'd been sweet about it and dismissed his apologies, saying she didn't mind if they turned in early, but even that seemed to serve too much for him because he only desired to lie with Patrick. Once he was certain she was sound asleep he sneaked out of the room and navigated his way through the dark halls until he found Patrick in the ballroom, his face lit by a few candles on the piano lid.
"It's awfully late to be awake right now," Pete told him.

His bodyguard shot his head toward the direction of his voice and smiled wearily.
"I could say the same for you. Why aren't you with Meagan?"
The tone in his words sounded somewhat bitter when her name fell off his tongue, but Pete didn't hold it against him. They hadn't been able to have a moment alone together since they got back from their weekend beach trip. It had been mainly Meagan's doing with how she clung to him like he were going to float away if she didn't. Each second proved to be agonizing without Patrick there to soothe his worries.

"I wanted to see you," Pete uttered, sitting next to him on the bench.
"Sure you did."
"Why do you sound like you don't believe me?"
"Because I don't."

The prince slipped two fingers underneath Patrick's chin and lifted his gaze so that they were both making eye contact. Pete undressed his every flaw as he flickered his stare across his face. Patrick seemed to crumble at that and joined their eager lips that were aching for each other. A weightlessness manifested itself inside Pete's stomach as Patrick scooped him up into his lap and gripped his waist to balance them. His arms came up around Patrick's neck with fingers twining in his hair. Pete was dazed, overwhelmed, heart hammering- fit to burst.

The blond's mouth was fierce on Pete's, his thumbs biting into his hips. They finally broke the kiss and stifled their gasps for air with laughter. It quickly died down in fear of waking anyone.
"What are we doing?" Patrick asked, "What is this?"
"I don't know. Whatever we want it to be, I guess."