chapter 7 - more secrets.

After they had their fun, Bellamy took Clarke to pick up their shipments and meet with the Arkadia influencers that Monty had reminded them of earlier. They threw on their black clothes they always wore, and rounded the corner of the abandoned high school on the edge of town, just past it was the warehouse.

Quietly, Clarke whispered, "How's your mom doing? You know, about her dreams? You told me the other day she was dreaming about her again."

Surprised that Clarke had remembered, he replied quietly, "She's only dreaming about it now, because-" Bellamy stopped himself. "Never mind."

"Are you, uh, are you sure? Your mom is like my second mom. I want to know if she's okay."

Bellamy gently placed his hand on his shoulders as they kept walking, "Don't worry, princess. She's alright."

Clarke nodded in understanding and smiled lightly. As they walked inside the warehouse, they were greeted with the all-too-familiar scent of cleaner and the faces of the all the people on the board of directors at Arkadia Corporations, Bellamy's mother and father among them. They were all in chairs around a conference table.

A man sat at the head of the table, twiddling his pen and making small notes. Clarke recognized him as Murphy's father. When he saw Bellamy and Clarke, he turned to them, "Welcome, we've got a lot to discuss."

He gestured to the two seats between Ms. Blake and him. They sat down.

"First things first, thank you to all of you for the wishes you've given to me on the anniversary of the day I finally received shared custody of Bellamy and Octavia. I remember the day I met them like it was yesterday, but it was actually eleven years ago," Ms. Blake spoke and smiled over at Bellamy. Everyone gave a polite round of applause

"Love you, Mom," He said quietly, feeling a little embarassed.

"Jane McIntyre, do you have anything to report?" Mr. Blake questioned.

"Yes, the case I'm working on, for the school, it will be finished soon. The jury has had their payoff. The losing party will be very upset. So I need Bellamy and his crew on standby once it gets let out," she explained, Clarke noticed she had a certain finesse attitude, just like her daughter, Harper, used to.

Bellamy nodded reluctantly, "We've got you covered."

"Moving on," Marcus Blake explained, "using no names, because bias is unnecessary, according to Bellamy, we have a few new students who he thinks could either help us or tear us down. How would you suggest we handle this?" He had a certain dominace about him over the group, something that his wife and his son had to them as well.

"I'd say we should bring in Dr. Griffin to answer this one," Mr. Murphy stated. "I hear she's got a new strategy for the dispersal and management, one that would be very hard to escape."

Clarke stood up, "I'll call her and have her come down here right away." She walked out into the hallway and dialed her mother.

The phone kept ringing, but no one answered, so Clarke just sighed and was about to put her phone away when she heard her mother answer.

"Clarke, there's a new student coming to Arkadia High tomorrow. If she's anything like her father, she will bring us down. Get everyone out of the warehouse and dump the evidence. Now," her mother spoke, each word more rushed than the next.

Clarke gulped, "W-what? Mom, what's going on?"

Abby Griffin didn't respond and hung up, returning her attention to her work.

Without even really thinking about, Clarke walked back in and sat down, a blank expression, yet a face full of horror.

"We've got a problem."
-
All the board members dumped as much evidence as they could, and they decided to return to Mr. Murphy's home to finish their meeting. They let Bellamy and Clarke leave since the rest of the matters did not concern them.
-
Murphy arrived with Raven at his house. It definitely wasn't as nice as the Reyes or Blake's homes, but it wasn't a shack. It was just a simple one-story, but he loved it just the same as any fancy mansion he could've had.

Grabbing Raven's hand, he led her upstairs to a spare bedroom, "You can sleep in here, it's the only extra room we have. I'm sorry it's so small."

Raven tossed her things on the floor, and squeezed his hand, "Any chance your room is bigger?" She smirked and laughed, causing Murphy's eyes to widen, "I'm just kidding, this is fine."

They both sat on the bed and Raven looked down, avoiding eye contact. Murphy noticed this and asked quietly, "You okay?"

"I just," she paused, "I just wanna know what's going on. What are you, Bellamy, and Clarke hiding?"

Murphy didn't know how to explain himself. He had real feelings for Raven, but if he told her what was going on, she'd be a prime target for practically everyone in the school. Keeping this from her would kill him, but telling Raven would kill her. "Nothing, we're not hiding anything."

Raven looked at him, eyes full of doubt, and she moved further away from him, "I need to finish my homework, so, uh, I'll see you later." She reached down into her backpack and grabbed a pencil.

"Not now. Come watch a movie downstairs," Murphy insisted. She nodded and followed him back downstairs.

After about 10 minutes of time passing, Raven was still as curious as she was before, "Are you sure you can't tell me?"

Murphy grabbed her hand aggresively and made her look him in the eyes. "I wish I could tell you, but I really like you, Reyes, and I want you to be safe. The only way to be safe right now is for you to be here, and to know the least amount about us as possible."

"If you really liked me as much as you say you do, you would tell me," Raven said, a little angrier than she wanted it to sound.

A little hurt, but trying not to show it, Murphy replied, "I'm sorry... I just can't. I really do like you."

"Prove it."

Murphy was surprised by her eagerness, but it excited him just the same.

He pushed her down gently on the couch and straddled her hips, kissing her intensely. He pulled back, "Is that enough proof?"

Raven smirked back at him, "I could use just a little more to be sure."

"Whatever you say, Reyes," he winked, pulling off his own shirt and taking off Raven's.

He returned to kissing her, biting her lip, and with every passing moment, their kiss was deeper and more full of passion.

Murphy slowly began to kiss down her neck, leaving a trail of love bites as he went. Raven shivered under touch, it was gentle, yet dominant.

Murphy unbuckled his belt and began to take his pants off when he heard the front door open. He grabbed for his and Raven's shirts, and pulled a blanket over the top of them.

They both quickly put their shirts on, just in time to see about fifteen people walking in Murphy's house.

Murphy muttered a few curse words under his breath as they both sat up.

A voice spoke from in the crowd, one that Raven could remember all too well, "Raven?"

It couldn't be.

It had to be.

Her mind reeled, searching for any possible explanation for this. There was only one result.

"Mom?"
-
dt: lowkeyharmon
it still was probably too early to reveal this but like i needed it to happen in order for the rest of the story to go on, so oops¿¿
i don't like how this chapter turned out ugh