Chapter 11

4:30 came creeping up on us so I turned off the tv.

"Hey I'm gonna get ready, how's the page coming along?" I asked, putting my hand on Doug's shoulder.

"Good, really good." He answered turning the laptop towards me. "I reorganized some things and made it look, more cleaned up."

I scrolled down smiling. Lines, lines everywhere! Every thing had its own little section with a line boxing it in, making it stand out. I also noticed Doug added tabs on the top. Pricing, Appointments, Fabrics, Hours, Pictures, and Evie.

What's the Evie section?"

I clicked on it and instantly smiled even more. It had pictures of me and a summary about my works.

"You did really really good on this." I hugged him. "So are you gonna go and get ready?"

"You have a blanket and water right?" He asked

I nodded

"That's all we need," he said

"What do you consider dressed up? Like you wear the same thing every day."

"The plaid gets changed to white," Doug answered.

"I don't feel like getting ready," I complained.

"Then don't, you look fine,"

"Fine, that's all I look?" I asked

"You know I didn't mean it like that," He told me

"But fine is fine. Not perfect." I reminded him

"You really need to change your definition of perfect," He sighed. "You said it yourself, you're easily the best looking girl in this school. You always look more than perfect."

"So I'm trying too hard?" I asked

"Yes!" Doug smiled. "Finally you're getting it! You could roll out of bed and repair broken mirrors!"

"That's how you over exaggerate to your family," I confirmed

"But like add 10HP to it, then that's accurate."

I smiled and pressed me against him and deeply inhaled. "Are you positive that's not Pinocchio's Wood?"

"Evie I know what hair supplies I-" he stopped and looked over at his open bag seeing a brown bottle. "Okay maybe it is Pinocchio's Wood."

"I knew it!" I raised my hand in victory.

I got up and took my phone off of the charger. I looked at it and unlocked it, going to my contacts. I tapped on Ben's profile and started typing.

Hey. How's Mal doing?

I hit send and waited patiently for a response. In the meantime I watched Doug complain about anything he could.

"It's so dumb!" He started, throwing his hands down. "If I say it's a quarter note, then play the quarter note! Don't try to make it a half note! That extra 4th of a beat, throws everyone off! And oh my goodness, I'm done with Social Studies. I'm not doing it no more! The teacher took off points because I added extra information that was correct! Like there's too many good answers to a question and you can bet your-" my phone binged and I picked it up. "Who's that?"

"Ben," I answered. "I just asked how Mal was doing. Please, continue."

"You sure you and Mal are okay?" Doug asked

I can't lie to him.

"Of course we're not okay," I admitted. Doug sat down next to me. "She won't even talk to me. I'm trying to get her to go back to normal before we're forced to interact. I can't do that to our friends, have it be awkward because we got into a stupid little fight."

"Then act like nothing happened until you fix it." Doug suggested. "And don't let other people do your dirty work like princes."

He stood up again. "Like these stuck up snobs want to save a girl so they go out looking and they find her. But wait- OH MY GOODNESS THERE IS A GLASS CASE AND SHE'S DEAD. D E A D. DEAD. But there's a problem. I can't kiss the girl because look, a glass case. OH THE HUMANITY! THIS GLASS CASE! IT'S IN MY WAY! HOW AM I- A PRINCE THAT CLAIMS HE WILL LIFT THE CURSE BE ABLE TO LIFT IT WITH GLASS IN MY WAY. Wait- there's something to fix this! OH SIDEKICKS! IM WORRIED THAT MY PINKY IS GONNA GET CUT SO CAN YOU HELP MY EMOTIONLESS SOUL AND LIFT THE COVER UP BECAUSE GOD FORBID IF MY PINKY GETS CUT- OH THERE GOES THE WHOLE STORY! ILL JUST SIT BACK AND-" he stopped. "Sorry, I took that a bit too far."

I couldn't stop laughing. I tried to make words but just couldn't.

"Well don't laugh it's ridiculous! Aura's fairies raised her and made sure she didn't die and who gets all the credit for saving her? OH YEAH. THE STUCK UP PRINCE THAT THINKS HE CAN JUST KISS THE GIRL! BUT GUESS WHAT? IF IT WASN'T FOR THOSE FAIRIES, BOY YOU WOULD BE LIVING YOUR LIFE SINGLE BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS YOU WANT TO BE THE HERO! AIN'T NO ONE MARRYING YOUR SORRY LITTLE FACE UNTIL THEY NEARLY DIE!"

"Are okay?" I laughed, "You seem a bit upset."

"YES IM- I'm fine." He took a breath to regather himself.

"Someone is a bit envious."

"I'm not, I'm just asking for a little credit." He held up his hands biting his bottom lip.

"You are so adorable, it's almost too much." I confessed.

I took the chance to look at Ben's response.

She's okay. She's a little stressed because have our first meeting tomorrow but she's okay.

I just feel really bad because she's right. I made her feel like she's been replaced.

Give her some time and she'll realize how much she needs you. Promise. If she doesn't, I'll knock some sense in her.

Like in a romantically disgusting way?

Shut up now or I'm sending you back the Isle with your little changed boyfriend.

Like you haven't showed your affection torwads Mal.

You're lucky I can't send you back.

Bye Ben!

You're so lucky I like you.

I laughed at his jokes. He couldn't live without me and he knows that.

"Where do you keep your blankets?" Doug asked looking around.

"Under the bed," I answered walking towards my mini fridge. "How many waters?"

"Grab 4 for the both of us." He knelt down and pulled out the tie blanket. "Did you make this?"

"Doug we are not selling blankets." I told him.

"We sell bags and clothes and jewelry already. If we add blankets, there's something for everyone. Plus I heard tie blankets are really easy to make so I can even help to make them."

"If you can figure out a way to add an unique touch, then we can make them," I told him.

"We can tie the sides to make different designs. Like hearts or bows and I'm sure we can learn how to make tons of stuff!" He said

I was not expecting him to make up something that fast.

"After we're done with this order, we'll look into it." I promised him.

Doug walked over to the binder space and pulled out the planning one. He grabbed my blue pen.

"Aye aye aye!" I yelled pointing at him. "Put the pen down."

He dropped it and grabbed another one.

"Thank you," I sighed grabbing a bag to put water and the blanket and big spray in.

I heard an unusual noise.

Is that a knock I hear?