14) Kiba x Reader: Puppy Love

Half way through summer and the unpredictable weather continued to be predictably... unpredictable.

But any overbearing heat or relentless rain was less of a worry under the protection of the trees, and that was where you spent most of your time- in the forest, training hard.

"This isn't fair! You have a dog." You complained. "You count as two."

Across the forest floor was your best friend Kiba, who sighed, withholding his fighting stance.

"Sometimes you're gonna have to fight more than one enemy at a time, y/n." He shot back with a grin.

"I know."

Your blade sheathed against the metal interior of your weapons case as you put back your kunai.

"I'm hungry anyway." You said dismissively, walking over to him and striding ahead.

"You're just mad you lost to a dog." He chuckled, lightly jogging to catch over to you.

"Two dogs." You said, rolling your eyes. Akamaru barked happily.

"Come on y/n, don't be like that." Kiba rolled his eyes, grinning. "I'll buy us lunch at Ichiraku Ramen."

Your eyes suddenly lit up.

"Haha, see I knew- y/n? Where are you going?"

You abandoned the conversation to investigate the sound coming from the other side of a few trees. Kiba followed.

"Wait- that smells like-" He began.

"A dog." You said, finding the source of the whimpering.

Upon seeing you, the small grey dog yawned- its wolf like features becoming alert.

"What are you doing out here little guy?" You asked.

Akamaru peered curiously out from behind Kiba.

"I think she has to be around five weeks old," said Kiba, crouching down. "She can't be very old."

"Where are your parents?" You asked. For a second Kiba glanced up at you even though you were talking to a dog who, well, couldn't very well respond.

The puppy didn't seem too afraid of you and Kiba, but was apprehensive at the sight of the bigger, white dog.

"Someone left her out here all on her own," Kiba said.

You studied the pup. Your heart sank.

"Oh... that's why." You said. And you knew Kiba saw it too.

As the creature stood up and tried to regain balance, it completely limped to the side. Its right paw was either dislocated, or broken.

"What should we do?" You asked your friend.

"We should take her back to my house, my sister will know what to do." Said Kiba. "We should try not to force her to move too much."

You nodded. But at that, the puppy began making its way to you- as best as it could.

"She likes you." He said, raising an eyebrow. You smiled at the puppy before ever so carefully taking her in your arms.

"Can't say I blame her." He said as you began walking away again, all interest in your newfound friend.

After Kiba's sister informed you the puppy would be fine in a few weeks, but was without a mother, she offered to help as best as she could- but for some reason, the puppy was even more afraid of the other dogs than she was of Akamaru.