chapter one, "peculiarity"

(Y/n)'s POV

It had been a week after meeting the boys, and honestly it's been a warm welcome for me ever since the disease began to spread which was at least a month ago. We've gone on a few supply runs together as a group and honestly in the time we've all spent together I can say that all nine of them are a bunch of goofy, sweet, and caring boys with their own wonderful individual personalities that I've come to love so far in this chaotic time in my life. I can describe a few of their personalities as they weren't hard to read whatsoever, like for instance Evan.

Now, Evan seems like he's the leader of the group which he sort of is but it's only because mostly nobody in the group would rather take up the responsibility of group other than him. The group really looks up to him and he's exactly quite protective of them considering you've seen him save them and myself countless times when we weren't paying attention. Evan is usually serious but he can be very nice, that is when he's talking though because he's very quiet most of the time. Strangely enough, Evan never gets angry he's always so calm and laid back unlike the others in our group. Sometimes when he talks, he can say some incredibly gay things to like Del or Tyler that's a little bit questionable but I also noticed everyone in the group said or did some gay things from time to time, especially Brock. Also, he tends to be very sneaky and knows his way around most things which is helpful in many situations.

David is a really sweet and compassionate guy, he genuinely wants to listen to everyone's problems and he's willing to give them advice if it's something he feels they should do if it'd help them. In my opinion, he's a great friend and I take his advice whenever I need it. He really does care for his friends even if they are a little rude to him and tease him a lot but I honestly don't think he minds it cause' he knows it's just playful fun and even he does it from time to time. In any case, he's a really down to earth guy and he's the type of guy I'd trust with anything really.

Then we have Tyler, whose a extremely blunt with a bit of an inappropriate taste but tolerable at that. Even though he's a little reckless with his words he's pretty easy to talk to, but there is other days when he can be a absolute flat out dick. He usually knows when he goes too far and he usually apologizes for it if it gets that bad which puts him on his nicer side. Tyler can actually be pretty nice at times and he really doesn't show it often, it's hard to tell honestly with him though cause' he's a bit all over the place. He could be nice to suddenly angry and screaming at whatever made him mad- like a tree branch smacking him in the face or maybe Craig doing something rather stupid. I noticed he's pretty close with Evan and Craig, and he gets really protective over them.

Delirious is a mysterious boy, not just because of the fact he never takes off his mask to the point of sleeping with it on or the fact he only goes by his nickname "Delirious" but for many reasons other than that. Evan told me before that the only person that really knew what he looked like was his best friend, Luke. I shrugged that fact off because even though his identity was kept a secret, but I didn't really want to know what he looked like as I respected him. But anyways, Delirious is really crazy and his laugh is probably one of my favorite things in the world right now. His laugh was really psychotic sounding but it was one of those contagious laughs you couldn't get enough of. Del makes sure that nobody gets left behind or he's always making sure that everyone is safe, and would save them in a heartbeat cause' he's just so caring. He's also really funny and from time to time he never really knows what he's saying so he says things that are really out of context or just misspeaks in general. He's the same as Evan in the aspect of the fact that he never really gets mad. He will get a little bit annoyed when the boys tease him if he misspoke a sentence or said something stupid but he still never really gets mad. Del is adorkable I had to admit and he was really fun to be around at that.