chapter five, "felo-de-se"

yo psa. speedy [ pink lemonade ] took a day off from authoring because she sucks so this is her older brother, xerxes. [ p.s if you can give me some feedback on my writing that would be so lit thanks ] okay cool ciao

---

The sky was dark. Too dark for anyone other than the Creepypasta's comfort, so really, it's too dark for anyone normal's comfort. All the dark stormy sky really did was add to the mostly gloomy atmosphere of the cabin the two different groups shared, only further depressing anyone who had been close or even acquaintances to Brock.

The rain that had started to gently fall had done a good job setting the depressive ambience, even if it was gentle. In fact, it's gentleness might as well be what had done the trick: it was slow and quiet, but not quiet enough to not be able to be heard. It had soothed the boys' wishes to cry, but it also didn't make them feel any better.

Delirious sighed heavily as he looked out the dirtied window, watching the cool rain fall from the dark blue sky and hidden behind the tall pine trees of the forest and onto the dirt or its neighboring stone paths. He had been so used to everyone laughing and joking and having a jolly good time, so much that it had actually started to hurt him to see them so forlorn. The masked man got up from his seat, deciding he's not exactly going to let this slide. There's gotta be something to get everyone's mind off of their grieving, and maybe if he does some poking around, he can find that something. So, he got up and started his search for the distraction he knew everyone needed.

His tired legs barely carried himself throughout the hallway, which was really just shuffling once he got to notice it. He looked at all the doors in the hallway, barely visible due to the fact the sky was the only source of light as well as the already dimming candles Evan must've lit when he went through these halls earlier after [Name]'s group had left. Delirious wasn't sure which door to start with, but none of them looked open and Evan probably didn't think but to check any of them for walkers. So that would be up to him.

With another deep sigh, the masked man decided to start with the first door on the left. He pulled out his baseball bat, holding it high while slowly approaching the pine-made door. Mustering up some courage by bringing in a deep inhale, he opened the door carefully while inching in with eyes scanning the unchecked bedroom. An exhale barely calmed the adrenaline pumping through his system before he decided to search the room for anything useful. He looked under the beds, finding nothing there. Once he stood back up, he looked around the bedroom some more. In a dresser, he found nothing but young boys' clothes. Was this a camp of some sort? Probably. He closed the dresser, heading for the closet. There might be something in there. Nothing. Delirious left the bedroom, proceeding to check out the other rooms.

It wasn't until the fourth bedroom he found anything good. In that room, hidden under a bed, had been a few hidden various candy bars. With a smile, the masked man pulled them out, in process of pulling his head out only to find it knock against the board due to surprise from a voice that had just entered. With a grunt, he rubbed his head and looked up, revealing the mysterious crow-like figure he barely got to know. Delirious wasn't sure if he was a crow or a man dressed as a crow, but he did know one thing: He was pretty terrifying. If he had actually been a crow, Delirious wouldn't be surprised. The thing's whole group had consisted of freaks he had no idea were capable of existing. If he were a human being, well.. that's a kickass get-up.

"Hello." The thing greeted in English, though his accent thick of Italian. "Ahh-- ah- Hey." Delirious greeted back, standing up with the candy bars in his hand. "Are you afraid of me?" The doctor asked slowly, his tone hinting concern and his head tilting slightly. "Well, uh, you're like, a bird man, so that's a little creepy. Are you like a real bird or are some kind of man?" Delirious maintained a safe distance from the doctor, trying to keep himself safe. It wasn't really necessary.