chapter two, "altercation"

Evan/Vanoss' POV

Brock laughed as he shouted, "Sorry!" before he threw his hands up in the air. Brian and (Y/n) laughed quietly as they shook their heads, Marcel smiled at him, Tyler wheezed, I couldn't tell what Del was doing because he was masked but I could see his shoulders moving probably because he might of been laughing or having a seizure I don't know, Craig crossed his arms and chuckled lightly, David and Lui were toppled over each other while they laughed, and I just laughed but stopped immediately as I felt a cold breeze brush passed my face and the sound of metal hitting the ground.

My group was staring at a hallway with barely any lighting whatsoever, and you could barely see the outline of another group of people. There was a lot of tension in the air, but it became aggressive as a man with a rather hoarse voice laughed smugly and said, "Oh damn, I missed." which caused the boys and (Y/n) to stare him down angrily. I could see Del move forward about to lunge but I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back as I whispered a quick, "It's not worth it." which he nodded to. I began to stare with hatred at the disgustingly deformed man myself.

"Y'know, glaring at me isn't gonna scare me away. It's cute." The man cackled once more before he stepped into the light revealing his pale skin, pale skin, burnt out eyelids that made my skin crawl, but his eyelids weren't the thing that made me a little terrified, it was the slits in his cheek that formed a "smile" as it would be. He wore a white hoodie with blood caked all over it which made me question to myself if he'd been bitten or just covered in shit, and black pants. I didn't give a shit about his shoes but they were probably basic too.

I managed to shove all my fear away, and pipe up a smile as I leaned on Tyler cooly. "You don't scare me either." I said, giving a cheeky grin. "In fact, I think you could've aimed better than that." I continued which made the man smile- which he was already in a sense but fuck it, he smiled at my words. "You want another round?" he laughed again while he pulled something out of his hoodie pocket that shined in the light. I knew that it was a knife, there's no lying here. Tyler pushed me off of him and glared, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Ty hissed loud enough for me to hear. I shrugged, in honesty I had no idea what I was doing but let's say I was playing it off when I muttered, "Just trust me"

"What's your name?" I questioned the man as he raised an eyebrow at me. Probably because he was a lil' confused I was asking for his name instead of running or some shit, I mean he threw a knife at me for fucks sake. "My name is Jeff." He replied, which made me looked at Tyler as I snorted. Tyler seemed to have understood why I thought that was a little funny cause' he laughed a bit too. Tyler looked at Jeff with a smirk, "Hey, you watch 21 Jump Street at any point?" Tyler suddenly asked.

Tyler's question caught Jeff off but he nodded as he twirled the knife in his hand. "I've seen a little bit of it sure, yeah. Why?" Jeff asked confusedly. My friends immediately knew what was up as I looked at Tyler and laughed, "Can you re-introduce yourself- y'know. 'My name is Jeff'?" Tyler mocked, laughing at the pale man. I could hear Del mutter a "oh my god" under his breath, Marcel shook his head disappointingly as he pinched the bridge of his nose, Craig laughed, and Brian yelled "Are you kidding me?". Jeff looked a little offended and pointed his knife at Tyler, and I could see Del and Craig tense up and get ready to lunge if need be.

(Y/n) was gripping her crowbar tightly as she was ready to attack any given moment which made me smile a little that she did in fact care about our group. "Think you're really funny don't you, cupcake?" Jeff laughed as he was about to throw his knife, but someone in his group grabbed his wrist before he could and whispered to him so none of us could hear. This someone was another boy who had taller than Jeff and he had grey skin which was unusual and an odd substance was dripping from his eye sockets.