"How about dinner?"

Prince Gumball's Pov-

I forced myself to think of complete random stuff to keep the vampire king from controling over every thought i possessed. I eagerly paced around the castle asking servants if they needed help, i baked for almost every candy person in town and now the sun was setting.

I tugged at my hair, at night i wouldn't have anything to do, nothing to preoccupy me. I slowly found myself thinking about Marshall setting me off in a spiraling depression that never seemed to stop.

I slumped in my chair near the piano that laid near the front doors to the castle. "Peppermint maid?"

I heard heels clinking and she stumbled in front of me "Yes sir"

"Could you pour me a glass of wine?" Her eyes widened some and she hesitated.

"But sir you never drink alcohol"

I let out  defeated sigh as i ran a hand lazily through my hair "Yes i know but i think i need a glass" She gave me a small sympathetic smile and nodded.

A knock on the door startled me. I slowly got up and opened the huge doors to see Flame prince leaning against the doorway.

I have him a warm smile, that wasn't completely for him. In my own selfish way i was glad he was here so he could distract me.

"Hey" I moved aside so he could come in and just as he did Peppermint maid returned with a glass of wine. I thanked her and she walked off.

"You drink?"

I shrugged slightly "Occasional glass of wine"

He nodded and took the glass from me "Hey!"

He gave me a playful smirk and wrapped an arm around my waist. "You can have one at the restaurant i'm taking you to tonight"

I felt my cheeks flame up.

"Oh? And when did i agree to this?"

"Since when you've been trapped in here all week"

I rolled my eyes and swiftly snatched my wine back. I sipped slightly and smiled from the sweet, bitter taste.

"Come on, have some fun"

I let a small huff out and placed my now empty glass down. "Very well, give me a minute to get dressed"

He smiled brightly "Okay"

I quickly threw on some skinny jeans and a pink plain t-shirt then my usual worn out converse.I ran down stairs and Fp winked at me.

I rolled my eyes but blushed slightly.

-----

By the time we made it to the small restaurant it was already eight and the place was packed.

We sat down at out table and i immediatly scanned the menu.
"Everything looks amazing" I looked up and noticed he was staring intently at me .

"Yes you do" He replyed with a smirk.

I slowly looked back down at the menu, not knowing what to say.

The waitress came over lifting the thick silence from our table "May i get you guy's some drinks?"

"I'll have a water" I smiled at the young waitress who trembled from nervousness.

"I'll have a Colorado bulldog" ( For those of you who don't know what that is it's a mixed drink of 1 1/2 oz. Vodka1 oz. Coffee Liqueur,Cream / Half & Half or Milk,Splash of Cola )

I eyed him wareily "Are you sure you want something that strong?"

He waved me off "Just trying to cut loose" I just nodded and brought my attention to the menu.

I wonder what kind of drunk he is. I looked up as he chatted with the waitress, i hope he isn't a obnoxious drunk i really don't want to babysit him.

Dinner was going well, the only thing that bothered me was that Fp kept ordering mixed drinks. His eyes had become bloodshot by now and every time he talked his words would slur.

He finds that "fun"?

I paid the bill because the drunk retard in front of me didn't know what was going on. I sighed as i helped him out of his chair and into the windy night. He wanted to walk, so now i have to walk back with him in this state. Great. Should have just stayed home.

Though they were excellent cooks.

I looked over and saw him eyeing me. "What?"

"Your hot"

I rolled my eyes at his bluntness.

"And your not"

He chuckled "Harsh"

I shrugged and felt a small smile tugging at my lips. "I'm sorry i got wasted"

"It's fine" 

"You wanna know something?"

I looked over at him as he leaned against a small bridge we were walking across. 

"Sure" i peeked down at the calm water and mad funny faces at my reflection. I heard his laughter ring through my ear.

"I love you"

I twirled around with wide eyes "You what?"

"You heard me"

He walked closer towards me and i backed into the bridge stone wall. He stepped in between my legs and i could smell the vodka on his breath.

"Y-Your just drunk"

"I am but i've always loved you Gumball"

I was about to deny his confession when he crashed his lips onto mine. These past couple of days i've been longing for skin on skin contact. I moved my lips with his when guilt began to eat away at me.

To rid me of my lonliness i would use his feelings for me, to an advantage. I pushed his chest away and wouldn't look him in the eye.

"I shouldn't have kissed you back"

"Don't apologize" his voice was firm.

"Fp..i don't feel the same way for you i've just been lonley and i shouldn't have done that"

"But you did"

My eyes snapped open, that wasnt Fp talking. I turned around and saw Marshall Sitting on the wall glaring at the Flame prince.