"Guilt"

Fiona's Pov-

I ran as fast as i could to the candy kingdom when i had heard that Marshall dropped Gumball off in the middle of the night.

The last time i had seen Marshall Lee was when he was covered in blood and looked unstable. I tried to calm my nerves as images of Gumball being hurt kept popping up in my mind.

I ran through the large front doors and ran up the stairs where maids hovered around the bed. The window was open letting the cool breeze of the night in and Gumball was under thick covers sleeping soundly.

I let out a sigh that i didn't know i was holding.

I walked over towards the window and was about to close it when i saw a dark figure sitting on the small balcony in front of it.

I walked through the window and leaned against the railing.

"You just going to up and disapear again?"

His shoulders stiffened and he took a cigarette out of his front pocket.

"Most likely" He lit it and stuffed his green lighter in the back of his pants.

The stench of the stick of death made me scrunch up my nose, i was about to lecture him on how bad they were when i  remembered he was already dead.

"Keeping your distance won't do any good, your just hurting him"

He took the cigarette out of his mouth and he smiled sadly at the empty sky.

"You know i did the same thing with Alina?"

I averted my gaze back down towards my shoes. Whenever that name was brought up i always felt that i couldn't look him in the eye.

"How did that go?" My voice was small and i had no snarky tone behind it. I was genuine about my question. How had it gone? Will it end the same way with Gumball?

His eyes bored into me with a cold glare.

"You know how it ended"

I closed my eyes as she layed lifeless on his violet couch. Her hand clutching a empty wine glass and a wooden dagger to the heart.

Her eyes so distant and that taunting smile that laid on her cold lips. That image has always haunted me.

She had almost murdered Marshall and i killed her. 

I looked up at his face and our eyes met. His thoughts were entertwined with mine.

"Stop feeling guilty" He turned around and stuck his cigarette back in his mouth. I simply nodded and walked back inside, knowing when i turned around he would be gone.