Chapter One: Mithra the Ferruginous Hawk

Estrella was in the town square. Estrella blended into the crowd, along with Conor, Dawson, and Cordalles. They were dressed in cloaks and hunting leathers. Smiths worked on medal and iron. People talked about rumors and heard news. Shepherds herded their sheep and goats into corrals, to have lunch with their family and friends. Porters with stooped backs took remarkable quick steps under the heavy burdens of trunks and bags. Estrella could see stands displaying fruits, meats, cheese, wine, and other goods.
On all the flags are Briggan the Silver Wolf, Rumfuss the Iron Boar, Halawir the Bronze Eagle, a black panther, the Euran Legendary Beasts. Including Mithra the Ferruginous Hawk, Guardian of the Titaium Hawk.
A cheerful old woman nodded in their direction as they passed, wishing them a good afternoon, from her laundry line. A man with a weasel spirit animal watched them with narrowed eyes before going across the street from them and then started speaking to a blacksmith. A gaggle of little kids were smiling and laughing with each other. But then someone started screaming, along with the wild screeches of a wild bird.
Everybody started to hide in shadowed corners, mothers pulled their children indoors. Everybodys' eyes went onto a man who got scratched by a hawk.
The hawk dove, claws outstretched. It landed on the enemy's bald head a moment before he swung the sword. As the man flailed, nothing but feathers in his view.
"Get it off of me!" the man screamed. His eyes were shut tight; the hawk's talons were inches away from them.
"Enough, leave him alone!" snapped Estrella.
She was the only one who is willing to challenge the hawk.
The hawk's bloodred gaze went and met Estrella's quiet eyes.
They met each other's gazes for a long time. Estrella's quiet look at the hawk, a look that made everything and everyone held their breath in terror and stunned. But Estrella was unyielding. The bird narrowed its eyes, but she stared back with complete resolve.
The bird finally looked away and flew inches high.
"Go." said Estrella, without looking away from the bird's eyes. "Go, look for your family, and fly free to your freedom."
The bird screeched, his eyes free. He gave Estrella a look of gratitude, before flying away.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
"Come on." said the earl's wife.
Estrella was in a violet-colored cloak. She and the earl's wife were having a secret Nectar Ceremony in a garden.
While Dessa, Cordalline, and K.C.(also known as Kisha Cooper) are having their Nectar Ceremony, Estrella and the earl's wife are with a Southern Niloan Greencloak named Isha and have a mongoose named Sunil.
The woman has black hair, brown eyes, dark skin. She wore a dark brown tunic and a green cloak.
She held a golden flask and said. "Receive the Nectar of Ninani."
She gave the flask to Estrella and she accepted the offered flask.
Estrella put her lips on the offered flask. The Nectar was thick, like syrup, and richly sweet, like apple slices in honey. The consistency became more liquid once it was in her mouth. She swallowed. It tasted amazing! Better than anything she had ever tried.
But it also reminded her of her mother's jam. It also brang tears to Estrella's eyes. She gave the flask to the Greencloak.
In a flash of light, a hawk joined them. Large as a bronze eagle and powerful, the feathers are golden-brown with a white breast and on the breast is cream and brown speckles on the breast. With a flurry of wings, the raptor leaped up on to Estrella's shoulder. When the claws pinched into her skin, the sparking sensation creased.
For a moment, Estrella's eyes seemed unusually keen. She was able to see the porous textures of the green walls. She spotted a owl hiding amid the a tree hole and felt the startled moods of those around her with abnormal clarity. And then, all of the sudden, she was back to normal. Around her neck is a violet tralisman with a titaium carving of a hawk, attached to a thin iron-silver chain.
"It's a hawk!" the Greencloak marveled. "A Ferruginous hawk. . . with amber eyes!"
"She's a Ferruginous hawk," Estrella clarified. "She's a girl."
"How do you know that?" asked the earl's wife.
Estrella paused." I just do."
"She is not your hawk, daughter. She is the Hawk." said Isha let the words sink in. "You have summoned Mithra back into the world."