6

It's been 2 weeks since Melo and I kissed.  And let me tell you it has been the best 2 weeks of my life.  We've grown way closer and hang out every day but aren't official just yet.  I haven't told Will and I'm almost 99% sure he won't have a problem because Melo and I have often held hands or hugged in front of him and he didn't seem to have a problem.

I have no idea when Melo is going to ask me out.  From what I know he likes me and I definitely like him.  I told my parents about us and they think it's cute and also think Will will be fine with it.

Today's my first game of the season.  The boys played yesterday and of course won 117-97.  Obviously I went to go cheer on Melo... ummm Will I mean. 

I'm currently in 6th period and I'm just waiting for the last bell to ring.  My stomach is turning as I'm super anxious for the game.  I'm really excited but I also super nervous.  Not only is it the first game... but there is supposedly going to be scouts coming to watch me play.  I have to try my best to look good in front of Melo... ummm I mean the scouts.  ;)

The bell finally rings and I quickly pack up my things and head for the door.  I dig my lanyard out of my backpack as I reach my car and unlock the doors.  I throw my backpack into the backseat and grab my nike basketball duffel bag. 

I walk towards the gym and sit my stuff down on the bleachers and sit watching the JV team starting to warm up.  I see the group walking towards me and I wave as I switch my vans with my Nike slides. 

"So are you excited for the first same sis?" Maddie asks as she side hugs me.

"Yeah I am actually... kinda nervous but not to much."

"Why are you nervous? You're a beast babe! You're gonna do great," Melo says smiling.

"Did I hear that right? Did you just call her babe?" Eli says.  I blush this is the first time Melo has ever called me "babe" in front of the group.  And if we are being completely honest, I loved it.  "Aww my kids growing up too fast dude."

"Man you my son!" Melo says.

"Melo get your curly fry ass outta here! You're the youngest one here," O says making us laugh.

I look at the scoreboard and notice there is only 2 minutes until halftime.

"Hey guys imma go change and get ready.  See y'all after the game," I say.

"Good luck!" They all say at the same time.

I grab my bag and walk into the locker room.  I change into my uniform and have my coach French braid my hair. (We're close like that)

Coach gives a little pregame speech then it's finally time.  We line up at the locker room door with me in front holding our team flag.  As we hear the music as our cue to make our pregame entrance, two cheer leaders open the doors and we run through the tunnel of cheerleaders and jv players and into our warmup lines. 

I see the group and my parents sitting right at the half court mark and I wave.  They wave back and I continue with my warmups. 

It's finally time for the game to start as the starters sit on the bench. 

"#4 Stacey Williams!" The announcer says.

I sorta zone out for the rest of the girls until my number was called; me being the last player called.

"And standing at 5'7 your sophomore point guard Luna Pluma!" The announcer says and I get up and high five my teammates and  hug my coach as I wave to the crowd. 

Here's goes nothing...