4

10:46 pm
Day 4

Shawn had quietly entered the almost empty cafe not expecting to see Erin working the late shift since he always saw her in the morning.

Unfortunately for him, her perky self pops up from behind the counter, a bright smile plastered on her face as she excitedly greets Shawn.

"Hi Shawn! The usual I'm assuming?" Erin says referring to Shawn's usual order of a medium coffee with one coconut muffin. Shawn nods before taking a seat far from Erin.

"Here you go!" Erin says setting the coffee and muffin at the table Shawn sat at and handing him a couple of napkins.

"Thanks." Shawn says noticing Erin's presence is still near him.

"Why are you out so late?" She says curious as she slides into the seat across from him. He rolls his eyes, Erin not catching him.

"Um, cause I wanted to?" Shawn says with a slight hint of attitude.

Erin laughs. "Oh, haha."

"Why do you ask?" Shawn replies biting into his warm muffin, the delicious taste filling his mouth.

"Just curious. You didn't stop by this morning so I wondering where you were." Erin says twirling a lock of her brunette hair around her finger.

"Oh. I was taking my girlfriend out to breakfast." Shawn says truthfully. He was currently in a relationship with Lauren Brook- one of the most popular girls on campus, particularly for her perfect body and desirable looks.

Erin's smile drops a little as well as her heart. She quickly tries to cover it up with a small grin before nodding and getting up from his table.

"Aw how sweet, she's very lucky." Erin says quietly before walking off back behind the counter to distract her from the thought of Shawn having a girlfriend.

Shawn can't help but feel a slight tinge of guilt strike him as Erin leaves his table with an obvious fake smile. He knew she liked him after their little hookup during Kian Oakley's New Years party, even though he felt nothing towards her.

He shrugs off the feeling, focusing on finishing his drink and delectable snack while Erin sat counting coins in the register; anything to keep her mind off of the boy she desired sitting right in front of her.