12

Day 78
11:00 am

"Hey Shawn." Erin said into her phone, laying in bed wrapped up in her comforter.

"Oh, hey Erin! What's up?" Shawn says happy to hear Erin's voice for the first time in a while. Erin grins on the other end.

"Nothing much, just woke up. Just wanted to know why you called me yesterday?"

Shawn's eyes grow wide as he stays quiet for a second.

"Hello? Shawn you still there?" Erin says, getting up out of bed.

"Uh yeah. I just called because we haven't talked in so long. Just checking up to see how you're doing."

Erin can feel herself turn pink as she smiles, her stomach filling up with butterflies.

"Oh wow, haha." Erin says unable to come up with a conversation starter until she finally remembers what she saw Lauren do last night. She debates whether or not to tell Shawn until she finally decides on doing so. If Erin had a boyfriend that cheated on her, she'd want someone to tell her.

"Ok well bye-" Shawn says before Erin interrupts him.

"Actually Shawn do you want to meet up for a quick bite at the cafe in like 20 minutes?" Erin asks, already planning out her outfit for the day.

"Sure. See you then." Shawn says smiling before he hangs up.

"So Shawn, I wanted to tell you something." Erin says, Shawn shifting in his seat while they both sat across from each other at the usual cafe they were both familiar with.

He wanted her to tell him that she still had feelings for him but he didn't at the same time. He loved Lauren, or at least he thought he did.

"Go for it." Shawn says sipping on his coffee.

"Um well. Yesterday night, like midnight, I was working at Shake Shack and Lauren came in. She was with Jack, you know him?"

"Gilinsky?"

Erin nods, continuing. "Ok well basically, they were both drunk and I guess they didn't know it but they were making out and being really touchy with each other and I hate telling you this but I can't hide it from you." Erin finishes quickly, taking her eyes off Shawn and intensively sipping her iced tea.

Shawn squints his eyes, disbelieving Erin's story.

"Wow. I was just starting to become your friend, Erin. And you pull this trick on me? Gosh, I get it! You're obsessed with me! You always have been, haven't you? You just want me- you act like you're this positive, happy, and charming person but you're actually just a selfish, disrespectful, and immature child. How could you accuse my amazing and loyal girlfriend of something as low as cheating. She wasn't even at the diner, she told me she was going to a club with her friends. I can't believe you Erin, I was actually starting to warm up to your fake personality." Shawn spits at her, getting up from his seat leaving her speechless as he leaves the cafe.