14

Day 78 (continued)
2:54 pm

Shawn quickly bursts through the glass doors of the clean and tasteful smelling restaurant, only seeing Cole.

"Who are you?" Shawn says unfamiliar with Cole who was texting Erin underneath the counter he sat at currently.

"Who are you?" Cole says repeating Shawn, his voice thick with attitude as Shawn rolls his eyes.

"I'm Shawn. Is Erin here?"

Cole shakes his head. "She said she didn't feel well today. Why?"

"None of your business. Can you just tell her to call me when you see her?" Shawn pleads, his eyes red from crying.

Cole gives him a shaky nod, feeling sympathy towards whatever Shawn was upset about.

Shawn silently thanks him until Cole speaks up again. "I'm texting her right now, is there anything you want me to tell her now?"

Shawn thinks, his hand on the silver doorknob. "Just tell her to call me." He says before leaving.

Cole does as asked, typing out a message to Erin.

To Erin:
Hey some Shawn guy just came into the restaurant asking if you were here. He told me to tell you to call him, he looked like he'd been crying. His eyes were all red and puffy.

From Erin:
I don't know anyone named Shawn.

To Erin:
Wtfffff. Then some random guy just fucking creeped me the fuck out then, good thing I didn't give him my name lol

From Erin:
LOL

To Erin:
Are you feeling any better though?

From Erin:
Eh. Thanks 4 asking though, means a lot.

Erin didn't feel the least bit guilty for lying to Cole about not knowing a Shawn; because she didn't. The Shawn she knew was kind, caring, and sweet to her. The Shawn Cole spoke of was the ignorant, rude, and cruel Shawn she wanted nothing to do with. She had told Cole she didn't feel well physically which was partially true. Crying too much led to headaches and a stuffy nose. And not to mention, heartbreak.

Erin thought Shawn would've been ecstatic about finally getting her off his case but little did she know, Shawn was actually in complete sorrow, knowing he lost who he thought was the love of his life and the actual love of his life.