15

Day 80
3:45 am

"Probably because you called her a fake, pathetic, and immature liar?" Yvette says angrily towards a saddened Shawn, desperate to talk to Erin. "Why won't she talk to me!?"

"I just want to apologize!" Shawn begs at Yvette to let her give him Erin's current location.

Yvette sits quietly, stirring her too hot cappuccino.

"Fine." She says scribbling down Erin's apartment address, hopefully not regretting her decision later on.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" Shawn says exasperated as he gives a toothy smile to Yvette who shoos him away.

"Go away Shawn." Erin says from inside of her apartment as Shawn sits outside, right behind the door.

"No. Not until you let me apologize."

"Go away or I'll call security."

"You wouldn't."

"Try me."

Shawn stays quiet for a while, nothing happening.

"Erin. Please." He begs, his voice barely audible.

Opening the door, Erin mumbles for Shawn to come in as she slams the door behind him.

"What." She says, her hair in a messy bun. She wore pajama shorts and an oversized t-shirt, but still managed to look good in Shawn's eyes.

"Erin. I'm so sorry."

"Ok. Bye."

"Erin."

"Shawn."

"Please stop. I'm trying my hardest here."

"I don't ever want to see you again Shawn. I don't ever want to hear your stupid voice. I don't ever want to see or feel your egotistical, heartless, rude, self absorbed personality that you really are." Erin says, choking on her words at tears threaten to spill out her eyes.

She continues. "The night of the party: I thought you were so incredibly sweet and charming, gosh you were so cute and just-- alluring and mesmerizing to be around. You were so kind to me and even though we were drunk out of our minds, you managed to get me wrapped around your finger within that one conversation I had with you. I thought you'd feel the same about me; I was so nice to you and I treated you with respect and when I try to protect you from getting hurt- you call me out for being 'fake' and 'selfish'? You hurt me so much, I thought you were so special. But you're just another average, fucking boy that doesn't have a fucking heart!" She finishes, Shawn in complete shock.

By now, his eyes are welling up with tears while she's sobbing into her own hands.

"Erin, I-"

"Get out!" Erin screams, Shawn obeying as he leaves, never experiencing this side of the usual "sweet, optimistic, and comforting" Erin.

He stops in the doorframe.

"Just know that I'm so sorry about the way I treated you. I hope someday you find someone who'll give you the time I didn't give to you; someone who can treat you better."