5

1:13 am
Day 5

Erin tried to piece together how Shawn could've gotten a girlfriend so quickly especially since the New Years party was only a couple months ago.

She's really pretty and has a super nice body, no wonder he likes her. Erin thought to herself scrolling through Lauren's Instagram which she found through Shawn's when he posted and tagged her in a picture of them together at breakfast.

I thought he really liked me too, it seemed like he did. Maybe I'm overthinking it. But he called me all those sweet things and said I was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen. Did he lie? No, he would never lie.

Erin eventually shut off her phone, and wrapped herself under her covers trying to sleep peacefully to the thought of something other than Shawn and Lauren.

Meanwhile Shawn was currently in his room, unable to sleep as well. He strummed lightly on his butterscotch fender guitar, humming to a tune of an Ed Sheeran song.

While Erin thought of Shawn, Shawn thought of Lauren and how much he liked her. He smiled at the thought of her and her glimmering smile.

A week or two after the New Years party, Lauren bumped into Shawn on campus and eventually found out they had the same physics class for the upcoming semester and instantly clicked. While Erin was seamlessly annoying him still, he asked out Lauren and they became the happy couple they are now.

Shawn decided on texting Lauren, not knowing what else to do since he couldn't fall asleep.

To Laur:
Hey r u up?

From Laur:
Yeah what's up

To Laur:
Wanna get a coffee with me 2morrow afternoon or something?

From Laur:
Of course. That sounds amazing!

To Laur:
Gr8. I'll pick u up @ 2ish :-)

Shawn then shut off his phone, put his guitar up and turned his lights off. He threw a blanket over himself, finally able to fall asleep except with the smallest feeling of guilt left over from seeing Erin's frown at the mention of Lauren yesterday.