8

3:57 am
Day 68 (continued)

Shawn raced through the storm, his fluffy brown hair becoming soaked from the heavy raindrops.

Pushing open the glass doors of the extremely warm cafe, his eyes quickly scan for her petite figure, her brunette waves that curled at the bottom of her hair, and her golden choker with the emerald jewel she always wore. But he didn't find any of that, only a confused looking Yvette who stared at the soaked Shawn with wide eyes.

"Um." Yvette says, Shawn turning to look at her.

"Oh hey Yvette. Is um, Erin here?"

Yvette backs up a little, pushing back her growing smirk. "Uh, no. She quit. Like a while ago."

Although Shawn hated to admit it, he felt his heart drop. Something about not seeing and hearing Erin's presence gave him a lonely feeling, even if he had Lauren by his side.

"Oh okay, uh well- bye." Shawn says turning to leave when Yvette speaks up.

"She works at Shake Shack now. 6 buildings down. Watch out for the cross walk." She says flipping through her magazine, not bothering to look up at Shawn.

"Thanks." He says racing towards Shake Shack where Erin sat on a barstool counting her tips she made for the night: $487. She smiled, proud of herself before hearing the front door open, the sound of hard rain drops hitting temporarily before the door shuts behind the soaked Shawn.

"Shawn!" Erin says excitedly holding herself back from running up to him and wanting to engulf him into a hug.

"Erin!" Shawn says with just as much enthusiasm Erin uses normally, surprising her as he walks closer towards her. He takes a seat on the barstool a seat away from her, keeping a little space between the two.

"How are you Shawn?" Erin says happily tucking her money into her wallet and taking off her apron.

Shawn stays quiet for a while. "Oh just, I-I, uh. I was really hungry." Shawn lies, not realizing what he would've actually said.

Erin's smile never falters as she asks Shawn what he wanted to order. She never would've thought Shawn came over here just to visit her, so Shawn's fake excuse went right through her.

Shawn stares at the menu above her, distracting himself from wanting to look at her.

"#2 with cheese, fries, and a small strawberry milkshake." He says, beginning to actually feel hungry.

Erin comes right back with the freshly prepared food on a tray. She hands him his meal before flashing him a bright smile and saying a quick "Goodnight Shawn!"

"Wait, what do I owe you?" Shawn says pointing to his all too delicious food, as Erin shrugs it off.

"No charge. Don't worry about it. Have a good night!" She replies with, grabbing her hoodie and slipping it on. She walks off without her usual wave to Shawn, making him wonder as he finished up his food.

"Is she getting over me? Or am I just falling for her?" Shawn thought, sleep deprivation finally getting to him as he remembered Lauren was in his apartment sleeping on the couch, not knowing Shawn was out at a diner at 4 am worrying about some girl he once despised.