Chapter 6

Waking up the next morning, it took me a while to remember where I was. The sweet smell of tea was slowly filling up my room as I slowly climbed out of bed.

"Mum, can you do me a cup?" I asked as I poked my head round the door before curling back up into my blankets on my bed.

When my mum brought in my tea, she chuckled to herself; shaking her head at me. I put the blanket over my head and sighed. I wasn't a morning person and I was taking advantage of not having to wake up early to treat and heal someone.

After my mum had left, I sat up and drank my tea. I grabbed the TV remote at the side of the bed and flipped through the channels. I was determined to have a lazy day.

My lazy day turned into a lazy week as people understood that I wanted to be alone. By the Sunday, five days after I had come home, I was thoroughly bored. I went over to my wardrobe and grabbed a vest top and leggings. Leaving my room, I tapped dad on the shoulder.

"You offered to do some training with me yesterday. Can I take you up on that offer?" I smiled and then my dad smiled and nodded. "Come on then old man, go and get ready." My dad ruffled my hair before leaving.

I ran my hand through my hair and tied it up in a bobble before my mum came over and gently twirled my hair.

"I used to envy your hair. My little pup had the greatest hair in the pack. When you were taken, I wondered if you would come back still with the beautiful hair that I used to take so much care with." A tear slipped from her eye and I turned round and hugged her.

"I'm here and I'm here to stay. Don't worry mum. Anyway, while I was gone, even on the days where I didn't want to do anything, I made sure to look after my hair. You used to play with it when I was littke and I wanted to make sure it was still good and wasn't damaged."

That was when my dad came out, dressed in his sports clothes. He grabbed my shoulders as we said goodbye to my mum and headed down to training field.

At first, we just did ten laps of the field. Dad decided to introduce me lightly because I had never trained before so after the laps, he taught me some simple fighting skills. While I was punching, he decided to ask me questions.

"Didn't you do any training then?"

"No, but I used to watch from my window." I started punching a bit harder as I thought about Alpha Hayden and his pack.

"Even though you are the Protector and will be needed if a fight comes?"

I punched the pad dad was holding hard before turning away. "No. I was used to heal and treat the injured after they had hurt themselves a little bit in training." I kicked a stone. "I was only valued for my powers not for the wolf I was."

I felt eyes watching me as I talked from a further field. I sniffed the air and recognised Jet's scent. I whipped round and made eye contact with him.

"Jet's here, dad."

My dad turned around an smiled at the coming wolf. Jet shook hands with my dad before putting his arm round my shoulder.

"Settling back in I see." Jet smiled before squeezing my shoulder and removing his arm. I had to be careful not to smile at the sparks or my dad would have noticed.

"She's settling in now after spending time in her room like a teenager."

"Dad, I never got to be a child or a teenager. I think a little time lazing around was deserved." I smiled.

"Well, Logan, can I quickly borrow your daughter?" Jet asked my dad.

"I have just been mindlinked by Leah. She needs me back there, something about the cooker not working. Women!" My dad laughs shaking his head. Jet laughs along with him.

"A woman right here." I waved my hands in front of me and caused them to laugh louder.

Jet watched my dad leave before wrapping his arms around my waist. "My parents know about us." He said as he placed his head on my shoulder. "Before you have a go at me, I didn't tell them, they guessed."

"I think my parents have an idea about something happening." I turned around so I was facing him and wrapped my hands around his waist. "Let's just tell them. I said that I didn't want to think they would lose me but that was just an excuse. I have just found my mate and I wanted that to settle in. I just wasn't ready to tell anyone just yet."

Jet leaned down and kissed me on the forehead."I understand." He grabbed my hand and started to lead me back to the pack house. "Come on."