Chapter 10

The room stayed silent for a couple of seconds before Jet told the guard to get our warriors ready. As the guard left, Jet grabbed my hands.

"Kiara, it's alright. Everything is gonna be fine."

"No,Jet! No it isn't. It's too early. They weren't ready, I'm not ready. What if I can't protect them? If they lose this battle, it will be my fault!" I cried. Jet pulled me into a hug.

"You can't hold that burden if the worst comes. Now we have to go."

Jet grabbed my hand before grabbing his car keys in the other. Running into the front yard, I could see that some of the warriors had already set off with the remaining ones just getting in the cars. Jet's Beta came with us into the garage to get in Jet's car before we followed the warriors.

The ride was quick with the speed we were travelling. Our roads between the packs were warded by the previous Protector so humans couldn't travel on them. We sped up to the secret tunnel that Alia had told us about so we could get into the pack. A guard met us there and told us of the situation. We left our cars in the tunnel and travelled the rest of the way on foot. When Rory met us, he directed our warriors to the areas where they were needed as the opposing wolves were being held back for now. Rory then turned to Jet and me.

"Jet, you can choose where to fight. Either support the front line or hold back and defend. Whichever one you are most comfortable with." I knew Just wouldn't bow down and stay back so as soon as Rory had finished that line, Jet kissed me on the forehead and left to where the fights were taking place. Rory then turned to me. "Kiara, all the woman and children are in the attic of the pack house. Go up there. Protect the attic first, we know you can protect a full room. Try and protect the pack but if you can't get in that attic and stay there. We can't have my father getting you. Promise me, if the time comes, you get in the attic."

"Of course." I nodded before watching Rory run off. The fighting was only at the edge of the territory so I had time.

Running up to the attic, I saw Alia looking on edge. I reassured her that everything was going to be okay. Moving my hair to the side, I smiled as it started glowing silver. I placed a protection spell on the attic before grabbing the energy drink that Alia chucked through to me.

"Promise me that I will see you up here in around 5-10 minutes." She looked at me sternly.

"I promise Alia."

I raced back down and out into the pack lands. I could see the fights going on, closer to where I was. Kneeling down, I touched the ground and felt the energy that was running through it. I watched as my hair started glowing once again. The protection spell gradually started growing but it was tiring me out. Stumbling back, I lost the connection and the spell broke. Panting, I tried once again. Pushing myself further and further, I watched as the opposing wolves were suddenly thrown back from the pack. I laughed as I saw the wolves trying to get back into the pack but were stopped. Jet stopped and ran over to me, cradling me like a baby. Exhausted, I leaned back into his hold.

"You did it, Kiara. You really did it"

"It sounds like you didn't have faith in me." I whispered with a smile.

"I will always have faith in you." Jet told me kissing my forehead. After that, I passed out in exhaustion.

When I woke up, I turned my head and saw Alia sat on a chair beside me. She smiled as she saw I was awake.

"Hey there, sleepy head." She chuckled.

"How long was I out for?" I asked, sitting up.

"The whole afternoon and night. It's ten in the morning." I groaned as she said this.

"Where's Jet?" I asked.

"With Rory in his office. They had to do all the paperwork and assess any casualties but Jet wouldn't leave your side all night. It was only when the doctor checked you over and said that you would be waking up some time this morning, that we persuaded him to go with Rory. I had to promise I would alert him when you woke up. Which, I should probably do now."

She told a guard to pass on the message to the Alpha's that I was awake. Suddenly the door burst open and I was held in Jet's arms.

"I love you so much." He said into my shoulder. "I thought I had lost you."

"I have passed out after using my powers before and you know that."

"Yeah but you have never protected something as big as a full pack, I thought-"

"I thought you believed in me." I interrupted.

"I do, Kiara. Of course I do."

"Then believe in the fact that I can do whatever I put my mind to. Also believe in me when I say I will never let my powers take me away from you. I love you and I'm never leaving you."