Chapter 14

"Aw, you look amazing in that dress." My mum said, clapping her hands. Lucy and I made eye contact and pulled a face.

"Next one." I sighed, going back into the changing room.

We had been at a dress shop for two hours already and I was getting bored. My mum however was loving it. She had invited Jet's mum to come along as well so to keep my sanity, I had dragged Lily with me.

I was just getting changed when there was a knock on the door. Lily told me it was her with a dress. For warmth, I had placed an oversized hoodie (one I had stole from Jet) over my body.

"This looks like a dress." I said looking down at myself. "At the rate those two are going, it will be better for me to turn up in this. I know I am supposed to look traditional but I don't see how I have to be dressed in something that would be traditional in 1890." I sighed. Lily just laughed at me.

"You're exaggerating a bit there and both Leah and Nora are just trying to help you. Here, I just slipped away from them and found a couple of dresses that I think would be nice."

Lily handed me three dresses before leaving me. The dresses were a modern twist on some traditional dresses which I quite liked. I picked up my favourite one and placed it on. I smiled as I stepped out.

"I think I have found it." I looked at Lily in thanks.

"Oh, my baby girl all grown up. Next time we do this it will be for a wedding dress." My mum wiped away a tear that had fallen down her cheek.

Lily moved to my side and leaned in towards me. "You're not bringing your mum to find you're wedding dress, are you?" She whispered extremely quiet so my mum couldn't hear.

"Not a chance." I whispered back.

Dropping my bags off in my old room, I grabbed Lily's arm and dragged her to the room I shared with Jet.

"Keep watch, while I get my makeup. He will ask me questions about the dress and everything and that is supposed to be a surprise." I told her before slipping into my room.

I grabbed my box with all my makeup and then saw some of my hair tools and grabbed them too. Leaving the room, Lily looked at me, confused.

"Won't you need any of that in the morning?" She asked.

I shook my head, "No. I plan to stay in my pyjamas all of tomorrow before getting ready for the ceremony. Which, I will need you in my room at about five tomorrow so I can get ready before the sunsets." I smile at my friend.

"Of course. See you then." Lily smiled before leaving.

After placing all my things in my old room, I went back to my room and sat on the bed. I was just about to grab my book from the dresser when Jet walked in. He looked to me and without speaking walked over and gave me a very passionate kiss. I leaned back and pulled him with my so we were lying on the bed. I straddled his hips as he held my waist. He was the one to pull away from the kiss first and I looked to him confused.

"I was about to go the full way. I hate you when you do things like that and this time I very nearly had you."

"Maybe I want to be taken now." I teased.

"Is this because of the war?"

I rolled off him and stared at the wall. "No! You just thoroughly killed the mood. I want you now because that's the stage we have gotten to in our relationship. You'll be my first and u want it to be meaningful and special, not just because some stupid humans are coming for us. Neither of us are going anywhere so why should I want to have sex because a war is coming."