Chapter 15

I turned over in bed and groaned. My head hurt and so did my back. Last night, after the ceremony, Jet had carried me to bed because I was a little tipsy and extremely tired. I had fallen asleep as soon as he had placed me on the bed, however waking up, I could sense I was in pyjamas. I rolled over once again and saw Jet asleep beside me. I repeatedly stroked his hair our of his face before he grabbed my wrist.

"What are you doing?" He asked in his morning voice which made me feel ecstatic every time I heard it.

"I got bored." I chuckled quietly.

"And you needed me awake because?"

"How can I keep myself occupied without you?"

He looked at me with a glint in his eye. Jet grabbed my waist and rolled on his back so I was on top of him. "Are you sure? I mean we have never done anything like this?"

"You know I'm sure and don't tell me that you're scared or unsure because you obviously changed me out of my dress last night." I smiled down at him.

"Yes but-" I leaned down and shut Jet up with a loving, passionate kiss which he immediately settled into to........

Quite a few hours after I had first woken up, I found myself finally getting out of bed. I headed to the bathroom and noticed Jet was also getting out of bed. Locking the bathroom door, I was about to get in the shower when I looked in the mirror. Reaching up, my finger traced the black moon and initials that were now settled on my collar. My mark. During the morning activities, Jet and I had marked each other and I couldn't be happier.

"Kiara, I'm going downstairs. Met me in my office when you come down." Jet shouted through the door and I quickly shouted back "Okay".

I climbed in the shower and let the hot water trail down my body and the steam encased the shower cubicle.

After getting dressed in a white off the shoulder dress, fishnet tights and Dr Marten boots and brushing my hair, I headed downstairs. Before I could get to the door of Jet's office, I was pounced on.

"HE MARKED YOU! OH MY GOD, THAT IS AMAZING!"

"Good morning to you too, Lily." I chuckled at my friend. "Now can I go?" I asked pointing towards the door.

"Yes but I want details later."

"No you don't, you're too innocent."

Entering the office, Jet looked up at me but didn't say anything because he was on the phone. He grabbed a sheet off the desk, while still talking into the device by his ear, and gave it to me. Taking it, I sat down and read the paper in front of me. I finished just as Jet got off the phone and growled.

"Are you serious?"

"That was the seventh Alpha phoning me. They all seem to agree with what the humans are saying, that the battle should take part on out pack land. Something about you more likely to protect your women and children if they are stuck in the midst of the battle. I don't understand why the humans would want it on our ground though." Jet looked to me as I growled once again.

"Jet it's that pack. They lost me so they don't want anyone else to have me. It's obvious."

"I would say that I don't want you in the battle but we need you." In front of me, I saw my mate, broken. One part of him was acting as my mate, wanting me to have no involvement and just keeping me safe. The other part of him was acting as an Alpha wolf, knowing that it was my job and that wolf kind needed me.

"I'm going to go train. It sounds like the battle is gonna be soon."

Jet looked towards his drawer and then to me with sympathy.

"What do you know Jet?"

"Nothing." He said quickly.

I walked round the desk and kissed his forehead before quickly opening the top drawer and grabbing a piece of paper. It was a letter just like the other ones.

"One week today?! When were you gonna tell me? Or were you gonna just let me go into it blindly next week?"

"I'm sorry." Jet looked down at the desk.

"Oh no, it doesn't matter it's not like I'm your mate or anything. It's obvious that my mark that I gave you, or the mark you gave me for that fact, doesn't really mean anything to you." With that, I stormed out of the office and went to the training room.