eighteen // 117.2 lbs

D A I S Y

"Can we talk?"

I looked up, finding my door slowly creaking open. Ashton stood at my door, poking his head inside.

"Um, sure," I quickly closed from the weight tracking app I had on my phone, scooting over to make room for Ashton.

"I know you like your school, but we have to leave." Ashton began as he slowly took a seat beside me, bringing his crossed legs up onto the bed and facing me.

"Leave?" I questioned.

"Back to Australia. Where the boys and I are from," he nodded. "I know this is scary and new but you'll like it there."

I nervously bit my bottom lip as I thought about it, listening to his words closely.

"I think leaving this city and living in the country side of Australia would really help you," Ashton explained. "And along with that, I've contacted this therapist that's based where we'll be –"

"A therapist? Ashton, I don't need a therapist!" I cut him off, my eyes narrowing as I stared back at him with annoyance.

"It wouldn't hurt to just talk to someone," Ashton spoke softly, looking down as he played with his fingers. "We're just worried and want what's best for you."

I rolled my eyes. "What's best for me is just leaving me alone."

Ashton looked back up, eyes searching my face. His expression completely changed from calm to hurt.

"I do so much for you and you still treat me like I'm nothing," Ashton stood up, face turning red as he let out his sudden outburst. "I try to help you and this is how you treat me?"

"I'm sorry –" I watched with teary eyes as he turned and walked back across the room, leaving and closing my door behind him a little too forcefully.

I didn't mean to upset him; I just didn't want to see a therapist. Seeing a therapist meant getting better, and getting better meant gaining weight. Gaining weight meant...

I couldn't even go on in my own thoughts, the tears starting to fill my face and threaten to spill over.

After recollecting myself, I went back onto the weight tracking app. I went on to the daily weight logs I recorded, glaring at the numbers in disgust. Yesterday I had gained a pound, and today I had gained two, now weighing in at 117 pounds.

This angered me; a week ago I had nearly reached my lowest weight of 110 pounds, but i was now getting closer to my highest weight of 130 pounds. I needed to be more stern with myself and refuse any food I was offered, if I wanted to reach my goal.

I didn't care what it took at this point – I just wasn't going to let Ashton do this to me.

***

C A L U M

"I can't do it," Ashton groaned once he came back into the living room, collapsing on the couch beside me and holding his face in his hands.

"What happened?" Michael looked up from his phone, eyes training on Ashton.

"I told her about how we were going back to Australia and that I had gotten a therapist for her," Ashton explained, stressfully tugging at his curly hair. "I didn't even say anything about the tour, or Evie..."

Luke and Michael both let out frustrated sighs, shaking their heads.

"Evie is still going with us, right?" I asked, leaning forward in my seat.

"Yeah. I just hope Daisy likes her," Ashton's voice was muffled, hands pressed to his face again.

"Daisy will love her," Michael leaned over from where he sat a few feet away on the love seat, patting Ashton's shoulder. "Stop stressing so much. We can even tell her for you, if you're so worried over this."

Ashton looked up, smiling sadly. "Thank you guys."

***

D A I S Y

Dinner was awkward.

Not only because I simply just played around my food while Calum intently stared at me as I did so, but there was this tension that had built up between Ashton and I. I wondered if the boys knew about Ashton and I's "fight", or could just sense the tension because of how weird they acted too.

Michael fake coughed, setting his fork down as he looked around the table. "So..."

"So..." Luke mumbled back, before nervously stuffing more food in his mouth.

"Australia, eh?"

I could have just cringed at the awkwardness laced in his voice, but instead just gave him a small nod.

"Are you excited?"

I shrugged.

"How would you feel about going on our Australian tour with us? After we settle down there and get situated," Michael then asked me, tilting his head slightly as he waited for an answer.

"It's super fun. You can see us perform all of our live shows, and live on the tour bus with us, and maybe even fly to England with us –" Michael went on, but was cut off by a phone suddenly going off.

All of our heads turned towards Luke, looking down to where his phone was sat on the table next to his plate. It vibrated as it loudly rang, the screen light up. I couldn't really see the name from over here, but could see that the name started with A.

"Sorry," Luke sheepishly grinned, quickly grabbing his phone. "I'll be right back."

He left, answering the phone with a calm welcoming as he left the room.

Michael shook his head, rolling his eyes. "Anyway, would you want to go on tour with us?"

I grew excited again, remembering the topic we had started to discuss. "Yes!"

The boys were all smiling, even Ashton. Except, his smile seemed off. Almost forced.

"We'll leave in the next week, okay?" Michael added.

I nodded, my mind lingering on the conversation as the table went silent again. Calum ruined the silence by talking to Michael about the upcoming tour, but I tuned them out.

How would I say goodbye to Auburn?

To Max?

***

i'm so sorry for not updating for like a week :(

i loss a lot of motivation and it took me literally the whole time i was gone to write this chapter (and it's not even good lmao kms)

the next chapter will be up v soon and i promise to make it longer and more drama filled okay so stay tuned :)

qotd: jaisy (jacob x daisy) or laisy (luke x daisy) ?? or maybe even maisy (max x daisy) ??

aotd: jaisy !!

stay positive. ily <3