thirty three // 113 lbs

D A I S Y

"We need to talk."

"Everyone?" Michael asked, watching as Ashton unlocked the front door.

"No. I was talking to Daisy," Ashton replied curtly. Evie looked up, eyes training on me with an unreadable expression.

I looked away, searching for Calum to see if he noticed her gaze, but then remembered he wasn't here, when I didn't see the familiar warm brown eyes and happy smile. The heart-wrenching, saddening feeling of missing someone coursed through my body.

"Go upstairs. I'll be there in a second," Ashton's hand reached up, punching the bridge of his nose as he shook his head back and fourth.

I nodded, briskly walking past everyone before rushing upstairs. Going back into my room, I sat and waited for him, playing with my fingers in my lap as my mind and heart raced.

The doctor had privately talked to Ashton, about thirty minutes before we left the hospital, and it was obvious Ashton knew now. It was obvious the doctor had told him everything and it was even more obvious something in our lives had changed.

From the moment Ashton walked back into the room after their talk with a pale face and tears in his eyes, and then watching Calum – also with tears in his eyes – leave with Dani, leaving me, I knew things were different now.

At times it felt like Calum was my last hope, but now he was gone. I had overheard the conversation, the fight, between Luke, Michael and Calum. Arguing in hushed voices outside the hospital room, pleading for him to stay with us, to not leave.

In the end, they always left.

***

Ashton walked into my room minutes later, the atmosphere changing with him. Carelessly pushing the door shut behind him, he came and stood in front of me, hands settling on his hips and he paced.

"What are you doing, Daisy?"

"What?"

"Why are you doing this? You don't have an eating disorder, stop acting stupid."

My heart skipped a beat, my bottom lip quivering as I looked down at the floor with shame.

"I already have enough going on Daisy, I don't need you adding on to it!" Ashton ranted, voice raising. "Stop acting out for attention, because I'm getting sick of it."

"So if something is upsetting you then tell me. I can't read your mind and I'm tired of guessing Do you understand?" Ashton finished his rant.

Tears filled my eyes, threatening to overspill, so I kept quiet, giving him a small nod.

Ashton sighed, turning and walking back out my room, slamming the door behind him. Hugging my arms close to my body, I allowed the tears to fall.

My phone dinged beside me, Max's contact name popping up. My eyes widened as I skipped a beat; with everything that had been happening lately Max as the last thing on my mind. I couldn't believe I had actually forgot.

Max: hey.. everyone's saying you went to the hospital. are you okay?

Me: everyone ?? who's everyone