thirty // 110 lbs

"you gave me all these memories, but now you're just a memory."

***

Call me.

That short text alone was enough for me to completely ditch breakfast the second it popped up on my phone, excusing myself before rushing up to my room. Leaving the kitchen didn't matter anyway, since I had never planned on eating to begin with.

A million thoughts ran through my head as I slammed my bedroom door shut behind me in my rush, turning and darting to my bed, grabbing the laptop sitting on my desk in one swift move. Sitting down on my bed, I pulled my phone back out as I waited for the laptop to turn on.

Hey.. You haven't answered any of my texts. Is everything okay ?? I quickly typed my response before hitting send, playing with my shaking fingers as I waited.

Rushing around like that made me realize that it had been a while since I last ate as the familiar lightheaded feeling settling in.

Just call me. His response brought on a stronger wave of worry and confusion, unsure of what had happened to make him so blunt towards me. After waiting for the laptop to load, the home screen came up, and with a quick motion I clicked on the little blue icon – Skype.

Clicking on Max's profile, I pressed the call button and waited. He answered after a few seconds, and I could have visibly gasped at how different he looked. Usually Max was all smiles, eyes holding a bright light behind them as he would ask about my day. Except now his eyes had lost their shine and glossed over with what seemed like tears, eyebrows furrowed on his pixelated face as he looked back at me. Even like this I thought he still looked amazing, even in a grey sweatshirt with messy brown locks peeking out from under the hood. His face held a concerned expression, elbow propped up and his chin lying in the palm of his hand.

"Hey..." I cautiously greeted him, unsure of how he felt right now. "W-Where have you been?"

I wanted to ask if he's been sleeping okay, judging by the dark circles under his eyes, but decided against it. He was already upset at this point, no need to make it worse.

"No, I should ask you where you've been," Max deadpanned, tired eyes narrowing ever so slightly. "Did you think I wouldn't find out?"

Panic ran threw me, and I assumed the worst. "I'm sorry. I-I promise I'm eati–"

"Maybe we should take a break," Max interrupted me, letting out a tired sigh. "You're obviously interested in other people, so let's make this easy for the both of us and just break up."

"Wait what–"

"I actually trusted you, Daisy," he looked away from the camera, exasperatedly pinching the bridge of his nose. "I trusted you and I told you–"

His voice cracked, head bowing ever so slightly. The entire world around us fell silent, when he suddenly thickly swallowed, and I found myself breaking at the sight of him like this.

"I told you we could make it work. If you didn't want to be together why couldn't you just have told me?" His voice cracked again, and he quickly cleared his throat in an attempt to disguise it.

"What are you talking about?"

"It's everywhere Daisy. Have you not been online? Instagram? Twitter?" venom was laced in his voice.