The Search

In her new dark brown wig and blue contacts, Natasha Romanoff drove to the nearest Apple store. Tracking Captain America on her own electronics might cause her to be found again. As she walked in the glass doors, she thought back to the last time she was in one of these stores. Her lips turned up in a smile as she realized it was her Winter Soldier mission in DC with Steve. Ah, the good old days.

She dropped the smile and immediately made a face of concentration as she went on a random computer and attempted to track down her best friend.

"Almost done..." she mumbled, rapidly clicking the keys. Suddenly she heard the door open and felt wind quickly rush in as some people walked him. She shot a quick glance behind her, then started to panic. It was Ross's men. Again. How'd they find me again? Natasha angrily thought to herself. She rapidly deleted all of the history on the computer and briskly walked out of the store. I was so close, she thought as she started the engine to her black Corvette and sped of to the hotel where she was staying.

Once the former Avenger arrived at her hotel, she packed all necessary supplies and left. She couldn't afford to stay for longer.

The next days mostly consisted of failed trips to Apple stores, short sleeps at hotels, and running away from anyone who looked at her suspiciously. By the fifth day of her escape, she realized that she was now on the border of France and Italy. She wrung her hands. Driving so much wore her out. Without hesitation, she stepped on the pedal and entered Italy.

"Welcome to United Airlines. Please buckle your seatbelt..." Steve listened to the stewardess drone on and on, buckling his seatbelt and looking back at his comrades to see if they were okay.

"You guys okay?" he asked. Bucky and T'Challa nodded. Steve turned around and lowered his blue cap. Suddenly someone sat next to him. Steve looked to his right slightly to see who it was. He let out a small gasp and turned away.

"Is everything okay?" the man next to him asked. Steve nodded, hiding his panicked expression. He quickly went onto his phone to alert his friends over text.

Ross's men are here. One of them sat next to me.

Two of them sat behind us too.
What do we do?

Just stay put for now.

"What're you looking at over there? Seems fun," the man working under General Ross said, trying to peek over his shoulder. Steve clenched his jaw.

"It's nothing. Please stop asking questions. I need to sleep," Steve said stiffly. He turned over and faced the window, closing his eyes.

A few hours later...

"We have arrived at Italy. Your flight is over. Please..." Steve groaned as he woke up from his short nap. He cast a sideways glance at Ross's worker sitting beside him. Why hadn't he attacked us yet? Steve thought to himself, knitting his eyebrows in confusion. He was starting to get suspicious.

As all the passengers disembarked the plane, Steve eyed Ross's men again, still suspicious. He and his companions walked down the narrow hallway leading to the airport, with Ross's men trailing closely behind them. There was an evident tension between them. There's three of us, and three of Ross's men. I'm sure we could handle this easily, Steve said to himself in his mind. As soon as they reached the end of the hallway, Steve halted.

"Well then. We might as well get started," he said. Immediately, a punch came flying towards his face. Luckily, Steve's fast reflexes kicked in, and he caught the punch. He then kicked his opponent to knock him down. But it wasn't that easy of a fight. Ross's soldier came right back up, and kicked Steve in the chest, catching him off guard. But Steve shot right back with a kick of his own, this time to his opponent's face. This earned Captain America as a couple of punches to the face, which he fortunately dodged. After a few more kicks and punches to the chest, Steve brought his opponent down.

A few feet away, Steve's fellow friends Bucky and T'Challa were fighting fiercely as well. The Winter Soldier, having the advantage of his metal arm, sent some very hard punches to Ross's worker. Although he received a few kicks and punches mainly aimed towards his chest, Bucky was able to fend for himself and caught and dodged the kicks and punches while punching and kicking his opponent too.

T'Challa, also a very well-trained fighter, aimed a lot of blows to the face of his opponent. He dodged and received a couple of punches, but was overall unhurt. His flexible but strong body allowed him to defend himself as any other superhero would do. At this point, the three superheroes were starting to notice the commotion that they had caused. Not wanting any pictures or videos to be taken they quickly left the scene, leaving Ross's men moaning on the floor.