Epilogue

Natasha dashed back and forth between the enemies. She and the Avengers were on a mission, a very serious mission, to stop a bomb for exploding in a large cruise ship. It was Steve's job to disable the bomb, while she caused a distraction to the enemies. The other Avengers were fighting alongside Natasha, except for Clint, who was bringing the civilians to safety.

Natasha jogged up to Steve, who was ducking and swearing under his breath as a bullet was shot near him.

Natasha smirked and said, "Language."

This caught Steve's attention. Natasha suppressed her laugh as Steve sighed and turned around. He opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by the sound of numerous gunshots.

Natasha stifled a yelp as she felt a strong arm wrap around her. To her surprise, she didn't feel any bullets hit her body. As the sound of gunshots faded away, the arm loosened its grip around her and Natasha was able to look up.

Steve was panting, his arm still around her waist, his face covered in grime. There was smoke rising from his shield. He was looking ahead, still prepared for more gunshots. When none came, he looked down at Natasha.

"What the hell? You could've been killed!" He yelled. Natasha was taken aback by his sudden anger.

"I can protect myself," she said, though her voice was small as Steve towered over her. It was a funny sight, the world's best assassin being confronted by her boyfriend, who was none other than the legendary Captain America. Just as Natasha was going to say something else, another voice interrupted her.

"Let's get going lovebirds! The bomb might explode any moment, and if it does - it's going to kill us all!"

The two turned around to see Tony in his Iron Man suit gesturing towards them. Something on Natasha's arm loosened, and she realized that Steve had had his hand there the whole time.

"Stay safe," Steve said in a low voice, then ran off to the stairs leading to the bottom of the boat. Natasha bit her lip, looking off in worry.

Steve maneuvered his way through the ship, mumbling "excuse me" to civilians who got in the way. Lungs burning, he sprinted down one, two, three flights of stairs to finally get to the bottom of the ship.

"Thirty seconds till explosion, Cap," he heard a voice in his earpiece say. It was Sam, who was keeping track of the time.

Breathing heavily, Steve replied, "Yeah, I know. I'm down here now." With that, he went over to the bomb to disable it. All of a sudden, he felt a pain spreading over the back of his leg. Realization washed over him. He had been shot there.

Wincing, Steve went down on one knee. One push of a button. One push of a button and we win. He looked up at the timer on the bomb, which read seven seconds now. Raising his arm, he reached for the off button. He was interrupted again by another shot, this time at his shoulder. Steve stifled a gasp, and lowered his arm, using his free arm to hold his shoulder.

Three seconds left.

Steve raised his uninjured hand and reached for the button. A couple more shots came, some grazing his arm, some missing, some embedding in his arm.

Three, two, one...

Ignoring the pain this time, Steve stopped the button with a push of his finger, and he sighed as he lowered his injured arm. He heard cheers through his earpiece and almost cheered too but was stopped by a shot at his foot. Steve inwardly groaned. Right. There was one last thing he had to take care of.

As he turned around, Steve raised his shield and fired blindly at the enemy in front of him. His lips turned up as he heard a yell and the thump of a body falling to the ground. His job done, he limped up the stairs, clutching the arm that was still healing.

"Steve, are you okay?" Natasha ran up to him as Steve completed his ascent up the stairs. She fussed over him, saying,"How are you going to protect me if you can't even take care of yourself." She shook her head while saying this, her eyes trained on his injuries. As she raised her head to look at him, Steve remembered something. Letting out a small gasp, he reached inside his pocket on his belt. His heart sank as he found nothing in it.

In front of him, Natasha was smirking, hiding something in her hand. She walked past him and slipped that object into his hand. Realizing what it was, Steve laughed out loud and turned red in embarrassment.

"Keeping the ring in your suit while on a mission. Not a very smart idea," Natasha said as she walked ahead, her back turned to him. At this point, Steve had turned red as a tomato, though there was a wide grin on his face.

"Will you marry me then?" He asked, raising his voice so she could hear him. Natasha turned around and gave him her signature smirk.

"Of course I will."

So... that's a wrap on this story! I know it was shorter than most fanfics, but I hope you still liked it. I had a great time writing this and I hope you had a great time reading it. Thank you to everyone who read my fanfic and supported it! I love you guys! (Not in a weird way of course)

And also make sure to check out my new story, "A New Beginning" (though I know some of you already read it 😊). It's shown in the picture below.

Thirdly, I want to say Happy New Year and I hope everyone's 2018 will be amazing!

And as for one last parting gift for you, I made a short list of songs that low-key remind me of Romanogers:
- Angel with a Shotgun - the Cab
(I know Supernatural fans say that this songs literally screams Destiel but I haven't watched Supernatural so... yeah. But it's really Romanogers too.)
- Rewrite the Stars - Zendaya and Zac Efron
- Superheroes - the Script
- Perfect - Ed Sheeran
- Gorgeous - Taylor Swift
- What About Us - P!nk
(This song is more for all the Avengers, not just Steve and Nat. When I listen to it, I literally visualize a music video with the scenes from Civil War. It might be just me though...)

I added the last song above, just in case you guys want to listen and since I couldn't fit them all above. It's also my favorite song from the list.

Thank you again everyone! I really enjoyed writing this fanfic. And as always... Hail Romanogers! Romanogers forever!