The Rescue - Part 2

Blood. Everywhere. Blood on his stomach. Blood creeping up to his chest. Blood on his beautiful face. Natasha stared in horror as Steve fell to the floor. Gritting her teeth, she immediately took out my handgun and shot the one who even dared to hurt Steve like this.

She rushed to the fallen soldier that was Steve. The others followed her example. Natasha touched his wounded stomach and winced. He had to be taken back. I had to complete this mission myself. She caressed his cheek for a moment, then stood up.

"You guys go and to the quinjets and take Steve with you. I'm going to go find Wanda," she said in a firm voice. Her green eyes were burning with anger.

"But-" Sam started to stay.

"Go," Natasha ordered. The others looked worriedly at the spy, then ran away down the hall, getting faster and faster by the second. They took injured Steve in their arms, his head hanging limply. Sighing, Natasha got up and gripped her handgun firmly. She set her jaw and sprinted, killing everyone in her path until she got to section 4c. She didn't even look behind her at all the fallen bodies.

Wanda was sitting, her eyes closed, an electric collar around her throat. She looked similar to how she was on the surveillance camera, only worse. She wore a straight jacket, and looked so vulnerable there.

Wanda was inside a large glass cylinder, that couldn't be broken, even with Natasha's guns. Natasha's anger and frustration only worsened.

"Wanda! Wanda!" the redhead screamed loudly, not caring if guards heard her. The sight of the dead bodies of the fallen guards would probably slow them down.

Natasha pounded on the unbreakable glass, trying to get her friend to wake up. She punched the glass over and over, to the point were her hand felt like it was breaking into a million pieces. Natasha raised her fist to punch the glass once more, when something moved behind that glass. Wanda had finally fluttered her eyes open. She looked up with a weary expression at first, but her dim eyes grew brighter when she saw Natasha. Wanda yelled her name, but Natasha couldn't hear, she could only she the shape of her lips.

"I'll get you out of there!" Natasha shouted, although she suspected Wanda couldn't hear her either. Natasha scanned the room, the cylinder, for a lock, when suddenly she saw Wanda frantically gesturing to look behind her. Natasha knew what was there without looking. Taking out both of her handguns with a swift move, she shot blindly behind her, then did a backflip. She wasn't surprised when she spotted two bodies lying on the floor. She looked straight ahead this time, killing every guard except for one. She climbed on top of the last one and put him in a thigh grip then started to choke him.

"Tell me how to get Wanda out of there," she said, gritting her teeth. The guard choked out a laugh.

"Wanda... so that's her name," he said in an amused tone. "No, I will not tell you how to get her out. If I do, then I'll be failing at my job." Natasha choked him harder.

"If you don't tell me, your fate will be the same as all these other guards writhing on the floor," she answered with a harsh tone. His face was turning purple now, and he was struggling with his hands to get her arms of his neck. He finally gave up.

"Fine," he replied with a raspy voice as she let go of him. "There's a lock on top of the cylinder jail cell. You can shoot that lock and get that monster out." Natasha jumped off the man and looked the guard in the eyes.

"Thank you. But she's not a monster. She's more of a human than you are. And remember, if you tell anyone about this, I will know it's you, and I will hunt you down and give you an even more painful death than any of your fellow guard friends," Natasha said in a threatening voice. "You can leave now." She then turned around and shot the lock like she was instructed to. As the door of the glass cylinder slid open , Natasha immediately rushed to Wanda's aid. She shot the electric collar and Wanda's other binds over and over, until she was free of them.

Wanda immediately pulled her teammate into a hug, squeezing Natasha so tight to the point where she felt like she was being choked.

"Thank you, so much," Wanda said, her voice shaking. "I thought that no one would come." Natasha used her thumb to wipe the tears of Wanda's face.

"Of course I came. You're like a sister to me," Natasha said. She was once more pulled into an embrace, although this one was a little shorter than the first.

"C'mon, let's get you out of here," the spy said, standing up and holding out a hand to pull her friend up. Wanda gladly took it and stood up as well. She opened her mouth to say something, but stopped when she heard the sound of pounding feet. Natasha immediately took out her gun, but cursed when she found that she had no bullets left. And the gun with the bullets were lying several feet away from her. Wanda glanced at her with a worried expression. More guards had come - more guards than all the guards Natasha had encountered today. Natasha went out and kicked one in the chest.

"Run, Wanda! And don't look back! I'll follow right behind! I can fight them myself! You're probably drained of power!" She yelled loudly. Wanda, not wanting to leave her teammate looked hesitantly back at Natasha. But Natasha kept on repeating what she said, and as hard as it was to leave her, an order was an order. Sighing, Wanda sprinted out, running so fast even though she was running out of breath. Hopefully, Natasha would be following close behind. Besides, she heard the sound of running feet behind her. Soon, Wanda was outside and Clint was there, with Sam. They quickly boarded her on the quinjet, and went on as well. Then, they closed the door. The quinjet started and lifted in the air. Both of them gave her a long hug, and whispered words of relief. It was only at that moment when everyone realized that someone was missing.

"Natasha, where is she?" Clint asked. Wanda's eyes widened.

"I thought - she said to run as fast as I can. She said that she would follow close behind..." Wanda's voice trailed off. "I failed her. I failed you guys."

"No," Clint said. "We have time to go back-" He cursed when he saw he huge mass of guards piled down on the ground.

"We have to come back later," Sam said in a grave tone.