Jacin three

I rolled over onto my side and looked at the clock on my bedside table, it said it was 3:20 am. Perfect I could sleep longer, then I looked at my other side and saw the bed empty. Where is Winter? My heart rate sped up quickly, did the person who took Scarlet take her too? I quickly jumped out of my bed and started looking through the room of my apartment. Winter was staying with me because I was too worried about her to let her stay at her apartment alone.

"Winter?" I called after a couple minutes. I started to freak out well I looked around, then I looked out at the back porch.. there she was, sitting with her arms wrapped around her legs on the edge of the porch. My heart slowed down as I walked over to the door and opened it slowly.

She heard the door open and looked behind her at me, her eyes were filled with pain and tears. "Hey." She whispered softly to me as I made my way over to her.

"What's wrong?" I whispered back as I climbed up on the edge next to her and put my arm around her.

She cuddled into my shoulder and let out a deep breath, and I could feel the tears fall from her eyes onto my chest. "I keep having terrible dreams every time I try to sleep." She said softly. Now for her, saying she has terrible dreams makes me know they are awful because she's always had bad dreams but just never let them affect her.

"What kind of dreams?" I asked her quietly and held onto her tighter. And kiss the top of her head. Winter is the strongest kid I've ever known and it still surprises me every time I look at her and remember that she is mine, and I hate to see my girl hurt like this.

"Remember the first time I started seeing the walls bleeding?" She asked me softly and sat up so she could look at me. I nod. "I've lived that day a couple times and, I keep having a dream of a crying baby when I walk into the baby's room I see you sitting with a bloody baby in your arms then I ask you something and you don't respond because-" she stops herself because she can't get that words out. "You're dead." She whispers the last part and tears fall from her eyes.

I don't know what to say except hug her, I know how hard that first day was for her and I know how much it would kill her to live it again. I hold her tightly well I hear her crying into my chest, I wanna take her pain away but I just can't. "I'm so sorry Winter. But I'm not dead, I'm right here. Right next to you and I'm never going anywhere." I whispered softly.

"That's not the end." She says softly. "I scream when I realize you're dead when I pick up the baby and it dies in my arms-" she takes a deep breath before finishing. "Then this voice comes and says, "that'll happen in only a few months if I don't get what I deserve." Then I wake up. It's awful, I've seen you dead almost twice every night since the whole thing with Michelle, Kai and Cinder started." She told me and held onto me tighter as she cried.

"That's awful. I wish you told me sooner, I would have tried to make it better. I'm so sorry Winter." I whispered into her hair as she cried and my heart broke for her.

(Sorry this is kinda short I wrote it last minute... Please comment what you thought about this chapter (good and bad). Thank you for reading, Ily all! happy Sunday )