Scarlet Seventeen

My head feels like I've been holding my breath under water for a long time like my lungs can't get enough air in them to make my body function. But my body still aches from? I don't have an idea but then again I can't really make sense of anything right now. The feeling in my fingertips and I feel a soft kinda of fabric, I try to open my eyes and regret it almost instantly. I let out a small breath and close my eyes trying to grain strength to open my eyes. You know what? Maybe I should just get some more sleep, don't do that. I tell myself as I think through what I last remember.

I was with Michelle at Cress apartment then...

Think Scarlet, think.

Alright, I think, um, I don't know. I let out a sigh, this is awful. Where is Wolf? Wolf? Michelle? Where am I? Ugh, too many questions not enough answers. Did I pass out? Hit my head or something? Crap I know what happened. I was freaking drugged.

I let out a small breath and move my hands slightly, I think I have a blanket over me and it's. soft. It hurts to move at all but I still do it because I need to know where I am. Now am I gonna try and open my eyes yet? Haven't really decided.

I had a baby a couple- wait how long have I been out? Well, I had a baby recently I should be on bed rest and eating ice cream not being drugged!

Okay Scarlet, calm down a little bit. Being angry will not help anything.

I slowly open my eyes and it doesn't hurt too bad but it hurts to move them so I just quickly scan the room and I'm in a bed rooms. There's a closet that is open and empty and a- something is next to the bed I'm laying on but I can't move my eyes that far and my head is not ready to be moved. After a couple seconds, I look and it's a chair, there's someone in it.

I jump, well flinch I can't jump. The person doesn't look at me but I have a feeling this is the person who wrote that thing on Michelle's wall and hurt my daughter. A bolt of adrenaline goes through my veins but dies quickly, something has got to be wrong besides the drugging. I shouldn't be this week.

"Who are you." I manage to get out. I thought I was gonna sound weak and dying but I actually sound kinda like a mother who wants to kill that person who hurt her child.

"Oh look who's awake." The person answers. I can tell it's a man, his voice is rough and manly.

"Who are you." I barely am able to say a second time.

"The rightful owner of the crown." He answers with no emotion in his voice.

I let out a sigh thinking about what to say. There's no way this person could actually have any claim to the crown, could he? "Why?" I ask him.

"That doesn't really matter. All that matters is that when Selene finds out where you are, she'll find me and realize that I'm actually the rightful king. Not that Emperor." He says and stands up before continuing. "And the queen will be who I pick to be my wife. What do you think about being queen Scarlet? I think you would make an amazing queen."

How do I respond to that? Just the way he said my name makes my skin crawl. "Um, you know what? I'm actually good being a farmer and married to my husband and father of my daughter."

"But-" He started quickly then walked over to my bedside and put his face close to mine. My heart beats fast and if I had the energy I'd punch him in that the face but, I take the better road and no try. "I could give you whatever you want." He says and puts his hand underneath my chin. Goosebumps rise all over my skin to his touch.

"All I want is for you to get away from me and to go home to my husband and daughter," I say in a harsh tone to show that I mean it.

He doesn't move. Well time for plan B. His face is probably only a couple inches away from mine and I swing my head up quickly and hit him hard. Then my vision goes black.

(Hey, sorry this is a day late! I've been going crazy lately and just never sat down and published this chapter! Well I hope you are all doing well and enjoy this chapter.)